Jones-Quartey in 2016
|Alma mater||School of Visual Arts|
|Occupation||Writer, storyboard artist, animator, voice actor, supervising director, storyboard supervisor, revisionist|
|Organization||Cartoon Network Studios|
|Known for||Steven Universe, Bravest Warriors|
Ian Jones-Quartey is an American writer, storyboard artist, animator and voice actor. He is best known for his webcomic RPG World and his work on Steven Universe, Adventure Time, and Bravest Warriors.
Jones-Quartey has served as a storyboard supervisor and revisionist for Adventure Time and storyboard artist for Secret Mountain Fort Awesome. His first job in the business was on The Venture Bros.. He supplies the voice of Wallow in Bravest Warriors and was the supervising director and co-developer of the Cartoon Network series Steven Universe. He also is the creator of Lakewood Plaza Turbo, the pilot of which has been pitched to Cartoon Network Studios for its shorts development program. The short has been retooled as a mobile game entitled OK K.O.!, which was released on Cartoon Network's Anything app in February 2016.
He is the creator of multiple Web Cartoonists' Choice Award-winning webcomic RPG World. He was also a founding member of the now-defunct "bagofchips" group, a collective of web cartoonists including Aaron Farber, Meredith Gran, Josh Mirman, and David McGuire.
- The Venture Bros. (2006-2010) (inking, art director, animation director)
- Supernormal (2007) (animation director)
- Adventure Time (2010-2013) (storyboard supervisor, storyboard revisionist)
- Secret Mountain Fort Awesome (2011-2012) (writer, storyboard artist)
- Steven Universe (2013–2017) (developer, co-executive producer, supervising director, storyline writer, storyboard artist)
- OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes (2016-present) (creator, writer, executive producer, voice actor)
- Steven Universe (various voices)
- Bravest Warriors (Wallow)
- OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes (Radicles, Darrell)
- Welcome To My Life (Bully)
- RPG World
- "The 2001 Cartoonists' Choice Awards". Web Cartoonists' Choice Awards. Archived from the original on 2010-04-21.
- "The 2002 Cartoonists' Choice Awards". Web Cartoonists' Choice Awards. Archived from the original on 2009-12-08.
- Jones-Quartey, Ian (2015-04-17). "IAN JQ dot com". Tumblr.
- Barnhardt, Laura. "Young students find television acting gives them a new look at themselves". The Baltimore Sun. August 6, 1995.
- "You're invited to help address school tragedies". Howard County Times (Howard County, Maryland). May 3, 2001.
- Jones-Quartey, Ian (February 13, 2016). "[Y]eah! We've been together over 8 years now". Jones-Quartey Twitter account. Archived from the original on July 8, 2016. Retrieved July 31, 2016.
- Meet Ian Jones-Quartey as Wallow from 'Bravest Warriors'!(YouTube video), Cartoon Hangover
|This article relating to an American animator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|