|Municipality of Iguig|
St. James the Apostle Parish in Calvary Hills
|Nickname(s): Pottery Center of Cagayan|
Map of Cagayan with Iguig highlighted
|Region||Cagayan Valley (Region II)|
|Founded||December 28, 1607|
|Barangays||23 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Ferdinand B. Trinidad|
|• Electorate||14,991 voters (2016)|
|• Total||108.10 km2 (41.74 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||260/km2 (670/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)78|
|Climate type||Tropical monsoon climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||82,498,437.94 (2016)|
Iguig, (Ibanag: Ili nat Iguig; Ilokano: Ili ti Iguig; Filipino: Bayan ng Iguig), officially the Municipality of Iguig, is a 4th class municipality in the province of Cagayan, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 27,862 people.
It is best known as the hometown of Dado Banatao, a well-known Filipino-American software engineer credited for having developed the first 10-Mbit Ethernet CMOS with silicon coupler data-link control and transreceiver chip.
Iguig is politically subdivided into 23 barangays.
- Ajat (Poblacion)
- Manaoag (Aquiliquilao)
- Minanga Norte
- Minanga Sur
- Nattanzan (Poblacion)
- San Esteban (Capitan)
- San Isidro (Ugac West)
- San Lorenzo
- San Vicente (Ugac East)
- Santa Barbara
- Santa Rosa
- Santa Teresa (Gammad Sur)
|Population census of Iguig|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Iguig was 27,862 people, with a density of 260 inhabitants per square kilometre or 670 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Cagayan". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region II (Cagayan Valley)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region II (Cagayan Valley)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region II (Cagayan Valley)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Cagayan". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Media related to Iguig at Wikimedia Commons
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
|This article about a location in Cagayan Valley region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|