Iker Martínez de Lizarduy
|Full name||Iker Martínez de Lizarduy Lizarribar|
|Born||16 June 1977|
Donostia-San Sebastián, Basque Country
Iker Martínez de Lizarduy Lizarribar (born 16 June 1977 in Donostia-San Sebastián, Basque Country) is a Spanish sailor and olympic champion. Martínez de Lizarduy won a gold medal in the 49er class with Xabier Fernández at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens. The same pairing won the silver medal at the 2008 Summer Olympics.
Iker Martínez was skipper for Team Telefónica in the 2011-2012 edition of the Volvo Ocean Race, with Fernandez also being a team member. They were also named ISAF Rolex World Sailors of the Year 2011, finding out while they were competing in the first leg of the Volvo Ocean Race.
- World Championship Malcesine (Italy), 2nd position ;
- European Championship Brest (France), 2nd position ;
- World Championship Kaneohe (United States of America), 1st position ;
- European Championship Grimstad (Norway), 1st position ;
- European Championship Laredo (Spain), 3rd position ;
- Olympic Games Athens (Greece), 1st position ;
- World Championship Athens (Greece), 1st position ;
- European Championship Weymouth (United kingdom), 3rd position ;
- European Championship Marsala (Italy), 1st position ;
- European Championship S'Arena (Spain), 1st position ;
- Olympic Games Beijing (China), 2nd position ;
- Volvo Ocean Race (RTW), 3rd position;
- Barcelona World Race (RTW), 2nd position (with Xabi Fernandez);
- 2004 Summer Olympics – Athens, Greece – Sailing Archived 2008-08-18 at the Wayback Machine – databaseOlympics.com (Retrieved on 23 May 2008)
- "Spain Sailing at the 2008 Beijing Olympics". www.sports-reference.com. Archived from the original on 6 October 2014. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- "IKER AND XABI PICK UP ROLEX SAILORS OF THE YEAR 2011 PRIZE". www.teamtelefonica.com. 7 September 2012. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- "Martínez switches dreams - for a leg".