Location of Imizu in Toyama Prefecture
|• Mayor||Motoshi Natsuno|
|• Total||109.18 km2 (42.15 sq mi)|
|Population (August 2011)|
|• Density||854/km2 (2,210/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|City hall address||1511, Hibari, Imizu-shi, Toyama-ken
The modern city of Imizu was established on November 1, 2005, from the merger of the city of Shinminato, the towns of Daimon, Kosugi and Ōshima, and the village of Shimo (all from Imizu District). Imizu District was dissolved as a result of this merger.
Higher Education Institutes
- Toyama Prefectural University
- Toyama College of Welfare Science
- Toyama National College of Technology (Imizu Campus)
- Toyama College of Business and Information Technology
Businesses with Headquarters in Imizu
Places to See
Although Imizu was only founded in 2005, the following people were born in areas that are now part of the city.
- Matsutaro Shoriki (Daimon), media mogul, politician, and the father of Japanese professional baseball.
- Atsushi Yanagisawa (Kosugi), football player.
- Shinosuke Tatekawa (Shinminato), rakugo performer, and TV presenter.
- Bungo Tsuda (Kosugi), politician.
- Megumi Tachimoto (Kosugi), judoka
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Imizu, Toyama.|
|This Toyama location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|