|Genre||Drama, Horror, Fantasy, Romance|
|Written by||Arah Jell Badayos|
|Directed by||Chito Roño
Trina N. Dayrit
Richard V. Somes
|Starring||John Lloyd Cruz
|Opening theme||Walang Hanggan by Yeng Constantino and Ney Dimaculangan|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, English|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||148 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Star Television
Star Creatives, Inc.
|Picture format||NTSC (480i)|
|Original release||October 4, 2010– April 29, 2011|
- 1 Plot
- 2 Cast and characters
- 3 Reception
- 4 Promotion
- 5 Awards and nominations
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Imortal is a sequel to the 2008 ABS-CBN fantasy series, Lobo. The previous series also starred Angel Locsin opposite Piolo Pascual. However, Lobo story-wise only included werewolves without any reference to vampires. Locsin's character in Imortal will be the daughter of her character in Lobo.
300 years ago, a group of powerful beings arrived in our shores. Known as vampires, drinkers of human blood, their menace quickly spread throughout the land. But unknown to them, a powerful clan also lived in the islands, a group of beings who can transform themselves into powerful wolves - the Taong Lobos.
The Taong Lobos were the humans' protectors and they immediately formed an army to destroy the vampires. The blood drinkers were no match to the Taong Lobos. One by one, they fell. Those who survived were driven into hiding. What followed was peace among the humans and Taong Lobos, and the memory of the vampires started to fade.
Unbeknownst to them, the vampires are only lying in wait – organizing and fortifying their numbers until they are ready. They are holding a secret: a prophecy that foretells of an epic battle between them and the Taong Lobos that will finally decide the one blood that shall rule all. The battle shall be led by a powerful vampire and a powerful Taong Lobo who are each other's nemesis and downfall. The vampires believe they have found their prophesied savior and now they are preparing to come out and start the war. The Taong Lobos have grown complacent, and they know nothing about the prophecy.
With the stage set for an epic battle, two individuals, Mateo (John Lloyd Cruz) and Lia (Angel Locsin), find themselves drawn to each other, unsuspecting that as they grow closer together, they are awakening the powers that are lying dormant in both of them – the same powers that will inevitably tear them apart.
|Season (s)||Episodes||Originally aired|
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||97||October 4, 2010||February 15, 2011|
|2||51||February 16, 2011||April 29, 2011|
Cast and characters
- Angel Locsin as Lia Ortega/Lyka
- John Lloyd Cruz as Mateo Rodriguez
- Maricar Reyes as Samantha Imperial
- Rico Blanco as Lucas Teodoro
- Jaime Fabregas as Abraham Villamor
- Vivian Velez as Lucille Zaragoza
- Jake Roxas as Magnus Imperial
- Johnny Revilla as Simon Teodoro
- Francine Prieto as Imelda Fontanilla
- Jomari Yllana as Roman Rodriguez
- Niña Dolino as Clarisse Zaragoza
- Rocky Salumbides as Tom Moreno
- Erika Padilla as Miriam Villamor
- Leandro Baldemor as Enrico Kabigting
- Vangie Labalan as Tabitha Matute
- Dino Imperial as Jethro Kabigting
- Marlann Flores as Olivia / Olive
- Bryan Santos as Gael
- Beverly Salviejo as Dara
- Nikki Valdez as Lydia
- Mark Gil as Julio
- Carlos Morales as Lyndon
- Christian Vasquez as Badong
- Archie Alemania as Arturo Lumibao
- Danillo Barrios as Billy Villareal
- Nikki Bacolod as Jessica Arceo
- Carlos Agassi as Vergara
- Menggie Cobarrubias as Jessie Cordero
- Manuel Aquino as Albert Esguerra
- Josh Ivan Morales as Benezor
- Angelo Garcia as Andoy
- Manuel Chua as Diego
- Kris Martinez as Francis
- Gerard Acao as Macoy
- Zeppi Borromeo as Baldo
- Thou Reyes as Rafael
- Andre Tiangco as Atty. Yumul
- Hermes Bautista as Taong Lobo
- David Chua as Taong Lobo
- Marion Dela Cruz as Taong Lobo
- RJ Calipus as Taong Lobo
- Tyron Perez as Vampire
- Helga Krapf as Vampire
- Rob Stumvoll as Vampire
- Princess Manzon as Vampire
- Yuri Okawa as Vampire
- Allyson Lualhati as young Tabitha Matute
- Precious Lara Quigaman as Ceres
- Sajj Geronimo as young Lia
- Bugoy Carino Jairus Aquino as young Mateo
On March 7, 2011, it was moved to a later timeslot to give way to Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin. Because of this, the show's ratings dropped to an average of more than 20 million viewers nightly from having more than 30 million viewers.
The DVD Series is Internationally Distributed to Volumes 1-13 containing all episodes.
Pangil: The teleserye-based RPG
Pangil (fangs) is an online role-playing game created in relation to the television show and was released before the premiere of the series was launched. The role-playing game involves around the character of Samantha (played by Maricar Reyes in the series) and instruct her quest as she defeats the enemies. The locations on the game were also based in real locations in the Philippines such as Intramuros, Quiapo and Binondo.
The Hidden Chapters of Imortal: Anino't Panaginip
A series of webisodes were also released on the official website entitled Anino't Panaginip (Shadows and Dreams). It consists of 5 minute long episode that was unreleased on television and will be released every week as the series premieres. There is currently 24 webisodes.
Awards and nominations
|2010||ASAP Pop Viewer's Choice Awards||Pop Kapamilya TV Characters||John Lloyd Cruz as Matteo
Angel Locsin as Lia
|2011||2011 Golden Screen TV Awards||Outstanding Performance Of An Actor in a Drama Series||John Lloyd Cruz||Nominated|
|2011||Outstanding Performance Of An Actress in a Drama Series||Angel Locsin||Nominated|
|2011||Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series||Jake Roxas||Nominated|
|2011||25th Star Awards for TV||Best Drama Actor||John Lloyd Cruz||Nominated|
|2011||Best Drama Actress||Angel Locsin||Nominated|
|2011||Best Primetime TV Series||Cast||Nominated|
- Allan Sancon. "''Imortal'' will have an unconventional ending on April 29". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2011-07-04.
- "Shira Mae Barbadillo admits she feels pressured to make 'Imortal' as successful as 'Lobo'". Abs-cbn.com. August 29, 2010. Retrieved September 24, 2010.[dead link]
- Courtesy of ABS-CBN. "ABS-CBN stars have fun in the rain for the new station ID". Pep.ph. Retrieved September 24, 2010.
- "Shira Mae Barbadillo doesn't need to teach John Lloyd Cruz how to act in a fantaserye". Abs-cbn.com. August 27, 2010. Retrieved September 24, 2010.[dead link]
- Abs-Cbn. "Imortal will depict the battle between the Waya and the Sangre". PEP.ph. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- ABS-CBN claims leadership in nationwide figures, based on data from Kantar Media retrieved on October 12, 2010 via www.PEP.ph
- "Angel Locsin admits ‘Imortal’ requires a lot of hard work". Abs-cbn.com. June 3, 2010. Retrieved September 24, 2010.
- 'Imortal' Official Trailer (via ABS-CBN). August 26, 2010. Retrieved September 24, 2010.
- Ricky Calderon (29 October 2011). "Golden Screen TV Awards nominees bared". pep.ph.
- Rommel Placente (29 October 2011). "25th Star Awards for TV nominees bared". pep.ph.