In My Dreams (film)
|In My Dreams|
Promotional poster with the tagline:
"Close your eyes and fall in love."
|Story by||Teena Booth|
|Directed by||Kenny Leon|
|Theme music composer||William Ross|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|Editor(s)||Priscilla Nedd Friendly|
|Production company(s)||Sony Pictures Television|
Hallmark Hall of Fame
In My Dreams is a Hallmark Hall of Fame television film. It premiered on ABC on April 20, 2014, and stars Katharine McPhee, Mike Vogel and JoBeth Williams. It is directed by Kenny Leon from a story by Teena Booth and screenplay by Booth and Suzette Couture.
In My Dreams is the last Hallmark Hall of Fame presentation to be aired on a broadcast television network after 63 years. The anthology series has since moved to Hallmark Channel.
This section needs expansion with: not just scriptment. You can help by adding to it. (November 2019)
Nick (Mike Vogel) and Natalie (Katharine McPhee) are the perfect couple, only they have never actually met. After tossing coins in Hayward Fountain, the two start dreaming about each other. According to fountain mythology, they have exactly seven days to turn their dreams into a reality.
- Katharine McPhee as Natalie Russo, a woman who focuses all her time and energy into keeping her family's Italian restaurant open
- Mike Vogel as Nick Smith, a bridge designer/architect trying to cope with a disastrous relationship split and work frustrations
- JoBeth Williams as Charlotte Smith, Nick's well-meaning meddling mother determined to find him the perfect mate
- Joe Massingill as Joe
- Rachel Skarsten as Jessa
- Antonio Cupo as Mario, a chef in Natalie's restaurant
- Jessalyn Wanlim as Sharla, Natalie's best friend
Brian Lowry of Variety called the idea of the film "dreamy" and added, "Although the story is perhaps more naturally suited to Hallmark's traditional pre-Valentine's Day window, this is one of the more satisfying movies the storied franchise has delivered in some time." Jackie Cooper of The Huffington Post stated, "This movie strikes just the right tone of romantic entertainment. It is semi-lightweight fare for [Hallmark Hall of Fame] but it is a story that entertains."
In its original airing, the film was seen by 4.79 million viewers, with an adult 18-49 rating of 1.0.
- "Hallmark Hall of Fame Presents In My Dreams". Hallmark corporate press release. Archived from the original on April 8, 2014. Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- "In My Dreams: Credits" (PDF). Hallmark corporate press release. Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- Lowry, Brian (April 18, 2014). "TV Review: Hallmark Hall of Fame's 'In My Dreams'". Variety. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- Cooper, Jackie K. (April 19, 2014). "Hallmark Hall of Fame's In My Dreams Strikes a Romantic Chord". The Huffington Post. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 22, 2014). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'The Amazing Race' Adjusted Up; 'Dateline', 'American Dream Builders', 'The Good Wife' & 'Believe' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 22, 2014.