Indebted (TV series)
|Created by||Dan Levy|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Distributor||Sony Pictures Television|
Indebted is an upcoming American sitcom television series set to premiere on NBC as a mid-season entry in the 2019-2020 television season. The series was created by Dan Levy and co-executive produced with series star Adam Pally, Doug Robertson and Allison Greenspan for Sony Pictures Television.
The series follows a couple, Dave and Rebecca, who are ready to start a new life after years of parenting. That is, until Dave's parents show up unannounced and broke, leaving Dave with no choice but to open the door to the people who gave him everything, which eventually leads of a clash of parental chaos among families.
- Fran Drescher as Linda
- Steven Weber as Stew
- Adam Pally as Dave
- Abby Elliott as Rebecca
- Jessy Hodges as Joanna
- Asif Ali as Ravi
- Anders Garrett as Asher
- Margaux Heck as Hazel
On January 23, 2019, it was announced that NBC had given the production, then titled Uninsured, received a pilot order commitment. The pilot was written by Dan Levy who was also set to executive produce alongside with Doug Robertson, Adam Pally and Allison Greenspan. Production companies involved with the pilot include Doug Robertson Productions and Sony Pictures Television. On May 11, 2019, it was announced that NBC had given the green-lighting production, now titled changed to Indebted, a series order. A few days later, it was announced that the series would premiere as a mid-season replacement in the spring of 2020.
In February 2019, it was announced that Adam Pally and Abby Elliott had been cast in the pilot's leading role. Although the pilot was ordered, in March 2019 it was reported that Fran Drescher and Steven Weber had joined the cast.
- “NBC Fall Schedule: Manifest Held for Midseason, Good Place 'Promoted'” from TV Line (May 12, 2019)
- “Development Update: Saturday, May 11 - NBC Issues Series Orders to "Perfect Harmony," "Lincoln" & "Indebted"” from The Futon Critic (May 11, 2019)
- NBC Orders ‘Uninsured’ Family Comedy Pilot From ‘The Goldbergs’ Duo & Sony TV from Deadline Hollywood (January 23, 2019)
- “NBC Orders ‘Bone Collector’ Adaptation, Bradley Whitford, Adam Pally Comedies” from Variety (May 11, 2019)
- Fall 2019-20 Schedule: Not A Lot Of Change For Top-Rated Network, ‘Will & Grace’ & ‘Manifest’ Held For Midseason from Deadline Hollywood (May 12, 2019)
- Adam Pally & Abby Elliott To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘Uninsured’ from Deadline Hollywood (February 21, 2019)
- Tymberlee Hill Joins Bradley Whitford NBC Comedy Pilot ‘Perfect Harmony’; Fran Drescher In ‘Uninsured’ from Deadline Hollywood (March 4, 2019)
- Steven Weber To Star In NBC Comedy ‘Uninsured’ from Deadline Hollywood (March 4, 2019)