This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Video on demand|
|Available in||Hindi, English|
|Area served||India, United States, United Kingdom, Nepal, Canada and Singapore|
|Owner||Sony Pictures Networks|
|Key people||Uday Sodhi|
|Services||On-demand video streaming|
|Alexa rank||76 (October 2016[update])|
|Launched||22 January 2013|
The service was launched on January 23, 2013.
SonyLIV is a part of the network of Television channels owned by Sony Pictures Networks India Pvt. in India. The network's other channels include: Sony TV, Sony SAB, Sony MIX, Sony MAX, Sony MAX 2, Sony Six, SET PIX, AXN and Sony Yay (formerly Animax Asia). It also offers original Web series like Lovebytes, Married Women Diaries, etc.
Sony Pictures Networks bagged the Indian subcontinent telecast rights for the 2018 FIFA World Cup. The network will also be dedicating channels to broadcast in Russia, which includes Sony SIX, Sony TEN 1, Sony TEN 2, Sony TEN 3, Sony ESPN. SonyLIV is the official mobile and Internet broadcaster for streaming all 2018 FIFA World Cup live matches starting June 14th. 
Along with a wide selection of English, Hindi and regional movies, Animax broadcasts a wide range of anime (most in original Japanese Audio with English subtitles).
After shutting down a linear TV channel on April 18, 2017, Animax was made available exclusively as a digital streaming channel in India from July 7, 2017.
SonyLIV is streaming most of Sony's TV channels as live channels including Animax HD, Sony BBC Earth, Food Food, etc.
- Super Dancer
- Prithvi Vallabh - Itihaas Bhi, Rahasya Bhi
- Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai
- Rishta Likhenge Hum Naya
- Tenali Rama
- Woh Teri Bhabhi Hai Pagle
- Sajan Re Jhoot Ma
- t Bolo
- Yeh Moh Moh Ke Dhaagey
- Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi
- KBC Season 9
- Sabse Bada Kalakar
- TV, Biwi aur Main
- Parvarrish – Season 2
- Pyaar Ko Ho Jaane Do
- Saheb Biwi Aur Boss
- Lights Camera Kissey
- Power Couple
- Sankatmochan Mahabali Hanuman
- Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi…Let’s Go
- Police Factory
- Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyaar
- Yam Hain Hum
- Chhoti Khushi
- Hum Aapke Ghar Mein Rehte Hain
- Wah Wah Kya Baat Hai
- Comedy Superstar
- Suryaputra Karn
- Bharat Ka Veer Putra – Maharana Pratap
- Vighnaharta Ganesha
- Crime Patrol Satark
- Hum Hain Na
- Itti Si Khushi
- Tum Aise Hi Rehna
- Chidiya Ghar
- Chandrakant Chiplunkar Seedi Bambawala
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
- Baal Veer
- Badi Door Se Aaye Hain
- Gutur Gu 3
- Chintu Pintu
- Family Antakshri
- Yeh Dil Sun Raha Hai
- Piya Basanti Re
- Ek Rishta Aisa Bhi
- Hamari Sister Didi
- Tum Saath Ho Jab Apne
- Singhasan Battisi
- Khushiyon Kii Gullak Aashi
- Simply Baatien With Raveena
- Dil Hai Chot*Dil Hai Chotaa
- "Yeh pyaar nahi to kya hai"
SonyLIV features programming in the following key genres: comedy, crime, drama, horror, action.
Anime also is part of SonyLIV via Animax HD.
SonyLIV is available worldwide in three languages, and includes select programming in Hindi, English and Tamil.
Sony Pictures Networks India signed a deal with Times Internet’s BoxTV to make its video content available on BoxTV’s website. The service will be available to BoxTV users worldwide and DD Free DTH.
SonyLIV has reached about 25 million views on a monthly basis on its website, app and YouTube channel.
List of SonyLIV-ready devices:
Supported Web Browsers by Platform:
- OS X: An Intel-based Mac with OS 10.4.8 or later. Browser support is Safari 4 (or higher), Firefox 5 (or higher) or Google Chrome through web browser.
- Microsoft Windows: Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, Windows 7 running Internet Explorer 8 (or higher), Firefox 2 (or higher) or Google Chrome 6 (or higher).
Windows 8.1 through web browser. Other software options:
- Mood Wheel – Content Suggestions based on Mood
- MY Q – Personalized Playlist
- LIV Gurus – Liv's Frequent Flyer Program for Video.
On June 1, 2014, Sony Pictures Networks India launched LIV Sports, a digital sports entertainment property.
LIV Sports was the official mobile and Internet broadcaster for the 2014 FIFA World Cup starting June 12. LIV Sports showed both live and video-on-demand match content with statistics and analysis.
- "SonyLIV.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Archived from the original on 5 March 2016. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- "Multi Screen Media Rebrands To Sony Pictures Networks". 2 November 2015. Archived from the original on 5 February 2016.
- "FIFA World Cup 2018 draw: When and where to watch, coverage on TV and live streaming". 2017-12-01. Retrieved 2017-12-01.
- "2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Live Online Streaming Available Through Sony LIV Application". 2018-02-14. Retrieved 2018-02-14.
- "Sony to move its video streaming service SonyLIV to a fee-based model". 11 September 2015. Archived from the original on 3 September 2015. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- Official website
- Sony Launches Video on Demand
- FIFA World Cup 2018 Rights
- Multiscreen Media Launches Liv Sports
- SonyLiv App's popularity rises