December 19, 1986
Houston, Texas, U.S.
Ingrid Burley (born December 19, 1986), known professionally as Ingrid (formerly IB3), is an American singer, rapper and songwriter. Born and raised in Houston, Texas, Burley's mother was close to Tina Knowles and Mathew Knowles, who signed Burley to his record label, Music World, when she was an upcoming rap artist. She began her career at age 11, as part of Trio, which was managed by Knowles.
Burley became notable for her songwriting deal with Sony/ATV Music Publishing, which involved her recording demos for artists such as Beyoncé. in 2013, Burley contributed vocals to the song "Blow", from Beyoncé's self-titled album. Burley also worked on Beyoncé's following album, writing the song "Love Drought" for the album Lemonade.
In 2015, Burley announced that she had signed a contract with Beyoncé's record label, Parkwood Entertainment, alongside Chloe x Halle and Sophie Beem. Burley released her debut EP under the record label on June 17, 2016, entitled Trill Feels.
(featuring Sevyn Streeter)
- The Formation World Tour (2016)
- Petrarca, Emilia (June 17, 2016). "Rapper and Beyoncé Protégé Ingrid Opens Up About Her First EP". W. Retrieved February 21, 2017.
- Platon, Adelle (May 26, 2016). "Beyoncé Protege Ingrid on Being Mentored by the Superstar: 'She Challenged Me'". Billboard. Retrieved February 21, 2017.
- Golden, Zara (December 18, 2015). "Meet Ingrid, The Rapper Signed to Beyoncé's Label". The Fader. Retrieved February 21, 2017.
- Robertson, Iyana (June 17, 2016). "Beyoncé's Rap Protégé Ingrid Drops Her Debut EP, 'Trill Feels'". BET. Retrieved February 21, 2017.