|Type||Subsidiary of Red Hat;|
|Sage Weil (Founder and CTO)|
Bryan Bogensberger (Founder, CEO)
Inktank Storage was the lead development contributor and financial sponsor company behind the open source Ceph distributed file system. Inktank was founded by Sage Weil and Bryan Bogensberger and initially funded by DreamHost, Citrix and Mark Shuttleworth.
Inktank was created to offer professional services and support for the open source Ceph storage system. CTO and founder Sage Weil started the open source Ceph project in 2004 for his doctoral dissertation at the University of California, Santa Cruz. In August 2012, Inktank joined the Linux Foundation to further open source technologies such as Ceph. In September 2012, Mark Shuttleworth invested 1 million dollars to help support the progression of Ceph.
In July 2012, Inktank was listed in the Infostor 6 Storage Startups to Watch. In July 2012, Inktank was listed in CRN The 10 Coolest Storage Startups of 2012. In May 2012, Inktank was listed in CRN 10 Hot Emerging Vendors.
- "Red Hat acquires Inktank". 2014-04-30. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- Joseph F. Kovar (4 May 2012). "Startup Inktank Supports Ceph Open-Source Storage Technology". CRN. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- "DreamHost spins off Inktank, provides professional services for Ceph cloud storage". Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- "Inktank Partners With Citrix to Support Ceph Distributed Storage in CloudPlatform". Marketwired.
- "Open source champ Mark Shuttleworth invests $1M in Ceph storage startup". Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- Sage Weil (2007-12-01). "Ceph: Reliable, Scalable, and High-Performance Distributed Storage" (PDF). University of California, Santa Cruz. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-01-17.
- "Inktank Joins Linux Foundation, Collaborates on Open Source Storage". Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- "6 Storage Startups to Watch". Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- "The 10 Coolest Storage Startups Of 2012". Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- "10 Hot Emerging Vendors For May 2012". Retrieved 5 February 2013.