Virtual Machine Manager
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Virtual Machine Manager running FreeDOS (post-installation phase)
2.0.0 / October 15, 2018
Virtual Machine Manager allows users to:
- create, edit, start and stop VMs
- view and control each VM's console
- see performance and utilization statistics for each VM
- view all running VMs and hosts, and their live performance or resource utilization statistics.
- use KVM, Xen or QEMU virtual machines, running either locally or remotely.
- use LXC containers
Distributions including Virtual Machine Manager
Virtual Machine Manager comes as the virt-manager package in:
- Arch Linux
- Debian (since lenny)
- Fedora (since version 6)
- FreeBSD (via Ports collection)
- Mandriva Linux (since release 2007.1)
- NetBSD (via pkgsrc)
- OpenBSD (via Ports collection)
- openSUSE (since release 10.3)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (since version 5)
- Ubuntu (version 8.04 and above)
- Oracle Linux
- Scientific Linux
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Virtual Machine Manager.|
- libvirt, the API used by Virtual Machine Manager to create and manage virtual machines
- "Virtual Machine Manager Download". Retrieved 14 November 2018.
- "virt-manager/virt-manager". Retrieved 23 June 2018 – via GitHub.
Siever, Ellen; Figgins, Stephen; Love, Robert; Robbins, Arnold (2009-09-22). Linux in a Nutshell (6 ed.). O'Reilly. p. 850. ISBN 978-0-596-15448-6.
[...] the Red Hat Virtual Machine Manager application [...] is a collection of tools built using libvirt. This includes a few command-line tools as well as the GUI virt-manager application.
- "Add bhyve support". Anzwix. 11 April 2014. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "virt-manager 1.0.1-1 (any)". Arch Linux. 25 March 2014. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "deskutils/virt-manager". FreshPorts. Jan 2018. Retrieved 31 January 2018.
- "sysutils/virt-manager". The NetBSD Packages Collection. May 2014. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "sysutils/virt-manager". OpenBSD CVSweb. Nov 2015. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
While the Virtual Machine Manager project itself lacks documentation, there are third parties providing relevant information, e.g.:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtualization 6 documentation:
- Fedora 18 documentation:
- Ubuntu official documentation:
- Libvirt documentation: