Intelenet Global Services
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founded||11 October 2000|
|Founders||Tata Consultancy Services and Housing Development Finance Corporation|
|Headquarters||Mindspace, Malad West, Mumbai, India|
Number of locations
Susir Kumar (Executive Chairman)Bhupender Singh (Chief Executive Officer)
Number of employees
Intelenet Global Services is a third-party Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) & contact center provider firm headquartered in Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines and Mumbai, India, backed by Blackstone Group.
The company offers 24/7 services for contact center, transaction processing, finance & accounting and human resource outsourcing services to Fortune 500 companies in the UK, US, Australia and India. Backed by The Blackstone Group, a leading Global Private Equity player, with a current portfolio of clients that includes Fortune 500 companies, this is a 55,000 people organization spread across 66 global delivery centers across USA, UK, India, Poland, and Philippines; supporting 100+ clients in over 50 languages. The firm is headed by the CEO Bhupender Singh and Susir Kumar serves as the Executive Chairman.
The company's first headquarters is in Mumbai, and operates from 66 delivery centers in Mumbai, Philippines, Chennai, New Delhi, Gurgaon, Mauritius, USA (Fargo, Campbelsville, Chesapeake) United Kingdom (Fort William, Plymouth) and Krakow. Domestic Operations operate in Mumbai, Gurgaon, Chennai, Bangalore, Pune, Kolkata, Mohali, Pondicherry, Dehra Dun, Lucknow and Patna.
Currently clocking in the revenue of more than USD$420 million, the firm aims at crossing US$1 billion by 2020.
Intelenet Global Services was formed in October 2000. as a 50:50 Joint Venture (JV) between Tata Consultancy Services and Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd. (HDFC) and started operations in November 2001.
In July 2004, TCS divested its 50% stake, which was purchased by Barclays Bank Plc one of Intelenet's biggest clients. By 2006, Intelenet had grown to over 5000 people with over 20 client relationships.
In 2006, Intelenet ventured into the India domestic BPO industry with its acquisition of Sparsh BPO Services from Spanco Telesystems. Intelenet is today the largest player in the domestic BPO market with over 18000 employees in 10 locations across India, providing customer management, outbound sales and analytics in the Banking and Financial Services, Telecom, Travel, Insurance, Retail and Government sectors.
In 2007, Intelenet's management team initiated a management buyout backed by Blackstone Group, a global private equity player. Blackstone group owns 75.98% of the stake at Intelenet; 19% is held by SKM (Employee) Trust and 5.02% by Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (HDFC).
In 2007, Intelenet acquired two companies in Travel and IT verticals - Upstream, a US-based BPO company with centres in Fargo, North Dakota, Chesapeake, Virginia and Campbellsville, Kentucky and Travelport ISO, the India based captive perations of the Travelport group.
2012 - Intelenet Global Services was acquired by Serco Group PLC.
2016 - Serco (Indian operations) was acquired back by Intelenet Global Services.
- "Intelenet rejigs management structure in hopes of achieving five-year revenue target of $1 billion". India times. Retrieved 19 Feb 2016.
- Cyber India Online Ltd. (8 September 2008). "Dataquest : Services & Solutions Superguide 08 : Intelenet Global Services : Not Home Alone". Dqindia.ciol.com. Retrieved 29 July 2010.
- "Intelenet rejigs management structure in hopes of achieving five-year revenue target of $1 billion - The Economic Times". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2016-06-04.
- www.ETtech.com. "Intelenet to groom top talent to make $1 billion | ETtech". ETtech.com. Retrieved 2016-06-04.
- "Intelenet Global Services Pvt. Ltd.: Private Company Information - BusinessWeek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 29 July 2010.
- "Intelenet to acquire Spanco's Sparsh BPO biz - India Business - Business - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 1 December 2005. Retrieved 29 July 2010.
- "Deals". VCCircle. Retrieved 29 July 2010.
- Technology (16 March 2007). "MSN India - Intelenet launches centre in Poland". BPO Watch India. Retrieved 29 July 2010.
- "Blackstone closes Serco BPO deal, company to rebrand as Intelenet Global Services". timesofindia-economictimes. Retrieved 2016-06-04.