|Zone||D.C.P, Zone IX|
|• Type||Municipal Corporation|
|• Body||Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (MCGM)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
400064(West), 400095(Malvani), 400097(East)
|Lok Sabha Constituency||Mumbai North|
Malad (Pronunciation: [maːlaːɖ]) is a suburb located in North Mumbai. Malad has a railway station on the Western line (Mumbai Suburban Railway) of the Mumbai Suburban Railway, lying between Kandivali station to the north and Goregaon station to the south. The railway tracks of the Western Line divide Malad into Malad (West) and Malad (East). It has a large Marathi population. Also located in Malad is a prominent office commercial space extending from the back of the two prominent shopping malls Inorbit Mall & Infiniti Mall. Marve Beach and Aksa Beach are Located in Malad.
In the 16th century, Malad consisted of a number of villages including Orlem (also known as Valnai), Kharodi, Rathodi, Malwani, Marve, Aksa, Madh and Chincholi. The other old settlements in Malad were villages occupied by the local SKP community, East Indian Community, Bhandaris and Kolis - who are recognized as the original native inhabitants of Mumbai, these communities are still living in Malad.
The Purav's and Pathare's from the SKP community are still living in Chincholi bunder and Malvani village area of Malad. The East Indian community along with Koli community is living in the Coastal areas.
One of the Oldest temple in Malad is Lord Hanuman temple situated in Malvani Village which is more than a century old constructed by Purav Family of Malvani Village in early 19th Century.
Malvani village is also known for its grand Hanuman jayanti festival and for numerous Lord Hanuman temples.
Harbadevi Temple which is a 12th Century temple is located in Madh Island, as per historical evidence and writings in the temple it was also attacked during World War II.
Ahead of Aksa Beach, is the hidden and relatively lesser known vital landmark, which is the Malad Fort a.k.a. Madh Fort. The fort overlooks the Arabian Sea and was captured by the Maratha Empire, from the Portuguese in 1739. INS Hamla, a logistics and training establishment of the Indian navy is situated in Malad.
- Witty International School
- Jyotsna Dhirajlal Talakchand High School
- Navjeevan Vidyalaya High School
- Fatima Devi English High School
- Kendriya Vidyalaya INS Hamla
- St Joseph's High School
- St Mary's School
- Children's Academy group of schools (Bachani Nagar branch)
- Carmel of St. Joseph School (SSC, Malad)
- St. Anthony's High School
- Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan International School
- Veer Bhagat Singh International School
- N.L. Dalmia College
- Durgadevi Saraf Institute of Management Studies
- Mahindra Academy
- Lords Universal College
- Ryan International School (ICSE/CBSE, Malad)
- Seth Juggilal Poddar Academy
- Balbharti School
- Gyanganga Infotech Computer Institute (Malad East)
- St. Anne's High School & Junior College
- Ramzan Ali English School & Junior College
- Kala Vidyalaya school & Polytechnic
- Malad West School in Mumbai, Vibgyor Rise
- Utkarsh Mandir high school
- St Jude's High School
- Infant Jesus school
- St. George High School
- Mother Teressa High School
- Atharva educational complex Mumbai
- Fr.Agnelo High School
- Nagindas Khandwala College
The approximate population is approximately 946,000 with an additional day-time floating population of 100,000. Malad which in its entirety (East & West region) comes under the P-North ward which is the most populated ward in the city, according to the census 2011. The suburb has a large Rich and Upper Middle class Marathi population.
- Thunga Hospital (Malad West)
- Lifeline Hospital (Malad West)
- Suchak Hospital (Malad East)
- Ashoka Hospital (Malad East)
- Sanjeevani Hospital (Malad East)
- Balajee Hospital (Malad East)
- S.K. Patil Mahanagarpalika General Hospital (Malad East)
- MW DESAI Municipal Hospital ANC OPD (Malad East)
- Zenith Hospital (Malad West)
- Lotus Multispeciality Hospital (Malad West)
- Surana Hospital and Research Centre (Orlem, Church, Malad West)
- Sun Multispeciality Hospital
- The Children's Hospital Mumbai (Kanchpada, Malad West)
- Vivanta Multi Speciality Hospital (Sunder Nagar, Malad West)
- "Colonial Voyage - The website dedicated to the Colonial History". Colonial Voyage. Archived from the original on 25 April 2009. Retrieved 30 November 2017.
- "Indian Navy". 30 January 2012. Archived from the original on 30 January 2012. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- "Top B schools | DSIMS | Durgadevi Saraf Institute of Management Studies". www.rset.edu.in. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- mahindraacademy.org. "Mahindra Acedemy". Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- "Home". Lords Universal College, Goregaon. 12 January 2012. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- "Ryan International School: Malad". www.ryaninternational.org. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- "Home". Seth Juggilal Poddar Academy, Malad. 12 January 2012. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- "St. Anne's High School & Junior College". sahsjc.org. Retrieved 8 March 2019.
- admin. "Vibgyor Schools Mumbai| School in Malad West| Take a Tour". Vibgyor Rise in Mumbai. Retrieved 21 September 2020.