|Location||73 km (45 mi) from Melbourne|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Cardinia|
Iona is a bounded rural locality in Victoria, Australia, 73 kilometres (45 mi) south-east of Melbourne's Central Business District, located within the Shire of Cardinia local government area. Iona recorded a population of 228 at the 2016 Census.
Bunyip South Post Office opened on 26 August 1898, was renamed Iona in 1905 and closed in 1977. St Josephs Catholic Church at Iona was opened on 16 December 1900 by the Reverend Father Gleeson. The original building was replaced in 1940 by the existing brick building. St Josephs Catholic School opened on 11 April 1915.
- Shire of Pakenham — Iona was previously within this former local government area.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Iona (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 September 2017.
- Phoenix Auctions History, Post Office List, retrieved 11 April 2021
- "Bunyip: Roman Catholic Church".
- Smith, Damian (2005). 100 years of a Catholic Faith Community: St Joseph's Iona 1905-2005. St Joseph's Iona.