Ipswitch IMail Server
Ipswitch IMail Server is an email server application with groupware functionality that runs on Microsoft Windows OS. It was developed in 1994 by Ipswitch, Inc., a software company based in Lexington, Massachusetts.
Ipswitch IMail Server is a Windows email server that includes the following services: Webmail, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, LDAP, and List Server. Additional features include collaboration for Outlook data, Commtouch anti-spam, anti-virus protection powered by BitDefender, email archiving, instant messaging and solutions for installing IMail on a hosted server. IMail Server licenses are available in packages for 10, 25, 100, 250, 500, 1000, 2500 and unlimited number of users.
Any standards-based client including Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird, Eudora, IMail Server’s web client, and all mobile devices supported by Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync including the iPhone.
IMail can handle as many as 300,000 users, with an average message flow of ~25 per second / ~2 million a day.
Industry Awards and Reviews
Business Computing World review of IMail Server Premium v11.01 
PC Magazine voted IMail Server as Editor’s Choice – March 2009 
Network Computing Awards 2008 Messaging Product of the Year 
- In 1994, Ipswitch begins selling IMail Server, the first software product available for sale and immediate download via Open Market.
- In 1995, Ipswitch releases family of Windows NT Internet Servers
- In 1996, Ipswitch announces the first self-monitoring email server for Windows
- In 1997, Ipswitch announces IMail Server 4.0 - the first email server to protect users from Spam
- In 1998, Ipswitch's IMail Server is first to bundle Web Messaging and E-Mail-to-Pager with IMail Server version 4.0 for WindowsNT
- In 1999, Ipswitch unveils IMail Server 6.0 for Windows NT
- In 2001, Ipswitch, Inc. Unveils All-In-One Anti-Virus Messaging Solution
- In 2003, Ipswitch announces release of IMail Server 8.0
- In 2003, Ipswitch enters corporate instant messaging market with release of Ipswitch Instant Messenger
- In 2004, Ipswitch expands IMail Server anti-spam offering
- In 2005, Ipswitch launches Ipswitch IMail Server, Secure Edition
- In 2006, Ipswitch announces worldwide availability of IMail Server Plus 2006.1
- In 2007, Ipswitch announces availability of IMail Server 2006.2 with enterprise-level anti-spam and additional anti-virus from BitDefender
- In 2008, Ipswitch Messaging announces release of IMail Server Version 10
- In 2008, Ipswitch Messaging announces two new email archival solutions for IMail Server - MailArchiva Enterprise Edition and Sonian Hosted Archival System
- In 2008, Ipswitch Messaging introduces IMail Server v10.02 with newly integrated Commtouch Anti-Spam and Reputation service
- In 2009, Ipswitch Messaging announces release of IMail Server v11 with mobile synchronization capabilities
- In 2009, Ipswitch Messaging announces release of IMail Server v11.01 featuring DomainKeys and DKIM
- In 2010, Ipswitch Messaging announces release of IMail Server v11.02 featuring new administrator capabilities
- In 2010, Ipswitch Messaging announces release of IMail Server v11.03 featuring availability of Zero Hour Virus Outbreak Protection