The Iran–Turkey barrier is a border barrier under construction along the Turkey-Iran border aimed at preventing illegal crossings and smuggling across the border. The wall will cover 144 km of the 499 km Turkey-Iran border. As of December 2017, half of the border barrier has been finished. According to the responsible officials, the border barrier will be completed by spring 2019  The national housing commission TOKİ is building the wall in the provinces Iğdır and Ağrı. Iran has welcomed the construction of the border barrier.
- Hürriyet Daily News: "Turkey builds 700 kilometer long wall on Syrian border" 15 Jun 2017
- Yeni Şafak: "TOKİ’den Türkiye’nin Kuzey-Doğu hattına 144 kilometrelik duvar" 13 May 2017
- Tehran Times: "Erdogan says to build walls on Iran, Iraq borders" 2 Jun 2017
- Yeni Şafak English: "Turkey completes half of security wall along Iranian border" 30 Dec 2017
- The Jerusalem Post "Turkey to complete wall on Iranian border by spring 2019" Jan 10 2018
- PressTV "Iran asks Turkey for explanation over deaths of border guards" May 29, 2017
|This article about a Turkish building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|