It's Time (EP)
|EP by Imagine Dragons|
|Released||March 12, 2011|
|Imagine Dragons chronology|
It's Time is an EP by American rock band Imagine Dragons, released on March 12, 2011. It was recorded inside of Studio X at the Palms Hotel and Casino during the autumn of 2010. All songs were written by Imagine Dragons and mixed by Grammy-nominated engineer Mark Needham.
To promote the EP, the band toured with The Parlotones and performed at Bergenfest 2011, SSMF 2011, and Bite of Las Vegas 2011. The track "America" was also promoted via AOL Jobs. The album was awarded "Best CD of 2011" by Vegas Seven Magazine. Title track "It's Time" was also a #1 MIX Most Requested Song on MIX 94.1FM in Las Vegas during October 2011 and charted on the Billboard Heatseekers chart in the Mountain Range. Another version of the song was released on the band's first major label release Continued Silence, whereafter it peaked at number 15 on the Billboard Hot 100. Every song on the EP (with the exception of Leave me) was uploaded to YouTube with an unofficial music video. in 2012, an official video for It's Time was filmed.
Film and television
- "It's Time" was featured on commercials for MLS' Real Salt Lake and in the trailer for the American film adaptation of The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
- "Tokyo," "America," (wrongly credited as The Parlotones) and "Leave Me" were featured on CBS's Around the World for Free (Season 3).
- "It's Time" was featured in season 12 of Degrassi in the episodes "Never Ever" Part One and Part Two.
- "It's Time" was sung by Blaine Anderson (portrayed by Darren Criss) in the Season 4 premiere of Glee.
- "It's Time" was used as background music for an Apple Keynote Event presentation in September 2012.
- "It's Time" was used as background music for a National Geographic 2013 commercial in South America.
- "America" was used in the 2014 documentary America: Imagine the World Without Her by Dinesh D'Souza.
- "It's Time" – 4:00
- "Amsterdam" – 4:05
- "Tokyo" – 3:17
- "The River" – 3:24
- "Leave Me" – 3:31
- "Pantomime" – 5:02
- "Look How Far We've Come" – 4:08
- "America" – 4:33
- "It's Time (Penguin Prison Remix) - 4:23
- 'It's Time (Kat Krazy Remix) - 3:28
- 'It's Time (JailBreaks Remix) - 4:25
- 'It's Time (StunGun and JailBreaks Remix) - 5:06
|Maxi digital download|
|2.||"It's Time" (Passion Pit Remix)||4:30|
|3.||"It's Time" (Jailbreaks Remix)||4:26|
|4.||"Round and Round"||3:17|
|Las Vegas Review-Journal||(very favorable)|
|Vegas SEVEN||(very favorable)|
The record was released to largely positive critical and fan reaction. Las Vegas Review Journal gave the record a very positive review, quipping "The craftsmanship here is impeccable, hard to believe this band is still unsigned". Vegas SEVEN also gave the record a very positive review and wrote that "...It's Time contains eight of the best rock songs I’ve heard this year, particularly the soaring, guitar-chiming 'Amsterdam', which gives Coldplay a run for their epic, anthemic pop songwriting money. Dan Reynolds and Brittany Tolman's harmonizing on the chorus makes the hair on my neck stand up, and I just can't understand what's left for this remarkable quintet to accomplish locally. They've won every battle of the bands, been featured in every newspaper and earned every distinction. Damn, they've even opened for Weezer and Interpol. If Universal doesn't sign these guys, then I give up." Vegas SEVEN magazine also awarded the album "Best CD of 2011" in their Best Of issue.
- Ferreira, Carla (2010-10-13). "Studio X | Vegas Seven". Weeklyseven.com. Retrieved 2011-10-22.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20110214150124/http://www.coolinvegas.com/featured/114956279.html. Archived from the original on February 14, 2011. Retrieved March 17, 2012. Missing or empty
- Post on Facebook (2010-08-14). "Going JetBlue and Singing the JetBlue Blues - Careers Articles". Jobs.aol.com. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- "Vegas Seven 07-28-2011". Digitaleditiononline.com. 2011-07-28. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- "Around The World For Free Video - Ep 3 - Sky High Above the Southwest". CBS.com. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- Fan67859. "Glee". TV Fanatic.
- Apple - Apple Events - Apple Special Event September 2012 Archived 2012-09-13 at the Wayback Machine.
- "It's Time (Remixes) - EP". iTunes.
- "It's Time – EP by Imagine Dragons". iTunes Store (DE). Apple. Retrieved December 29, 2012.
- "Vegas bands bring energy, funk". Las Vegas Review-Journal.
- "Imagine Dragons, imaginary band names and food-truck karaoke - Vegas Seven". Vegas Seven.
- "Vegas Bands Bring Energy, Funk". Las Vegas Review Journal. Retrieved 2011-03-19.
- "Imagine Dragons, imaginary band names and food-truck kareoke". SEVEN. Retrieved 2011-05-12.