|Operator||Kuril Islands Airports|
(Аэропорты Курильских островов)
|Serves||Kurilsk, Iturup Island|
|Elevation AMSL||m / 387 ft|
Before Iturup Airport was built, Burevestnik Military Air Base, located 40 km southwest from the town center (or 60 km by road), had been the only airport serving Kurilsk. Now, it becomes a reserve airfield for Iturup. Because it is often closed due to fog, new Iturup Airport improves air traffic punctuality.
The airport's only runway (marked 13/31) is 2,300 by 42 metres (7,546 ft × 138 ft) and has concrete surface, equipped with an Instrument Landing System and glideslope which facilitate Instrument Flight Rules landings.
Airlines and destinations
- "Airline and Airport Code Search". IATA. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- "UHSI - Iturup Airport". Skyvector.com. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- "AIP Russian Federation - UHSI KURILSK/Iturup" (PDF) (in Russian and English). Federal State Unitary Enterprise Centre of Aeronautical Information. 11 December 2014. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- "New airport on Kuril Iturup Island receives first flight". rbth.com. 22 September 2014. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- "Aurora - on-line timetable" (in Russian). flyaurora.ru. Archived from the original on 20 November 2015. Retrieved 20 November 2015.