around 562, see text
|Wikispecies has information related to Ixora|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ixora.|
Ixora is a genus of flowering plants in the Rubiaceae family. It is the only genus in the tribe Ixoreae. It consists of tropical evergreen trees and shrubs and holds around 562 species. Though native to the tropical and subtropical areas throughout the world, its centre of diversity is in Tropical Asia. Ixora also grows commonly in subtropical climates in the United States, such as Florida where it is commonly known as West Indian Jasmine. Other common names include viruchi, rangan, kheme, ponna, chann tanea, techi, pan, siantan, jarum-jarum/jejarum, jungle flame, jungle geranium among others. The plants possess leathery leaves, ranging from 3 to 6 inches in length, and produce large clusters of tiny flowers in the summer. Members of Ixora prefer acidic soil, and are suitable choices for bonsai. It is also a popular choice for hedges in parts of South East Asia. In tropical climates they flower year round and are commonly used in Hindu worship, as well as in ayurveda and Indian folk medicine.
- For a full list, see List of Ixora species
- Ixora albersii K.Schum.
- Ixora beckleri Benth.
- Ixora brevipedunculata Fosberg
- Ixora calycina Thwaites
- Ixora coccinea L.
- Ixora elongata B.Heyne ex G.Don
- Ixora euosmia K.Schum.
- Ixora foliosa Hiern
- Ixora johnsonii Hook.f.
- Ixora jucunda Thwaites
- Ixora killipii Standl.
- Ixora lawsonii Gamble
- Ixora malabarica (Dennst.) Mabb.
- Ixora margaretae (N.Hallé) Mouly & B.Bremer
- Ixora marquesensis F.Br.
- Ixora mooreensis (Nadeaud) Fosberg
- Ixora nigerica Keay
- Ixora nigricans R.Br. ex Wight & Arn.
- Ixora ooumuensis J.Florence
- Ixora panurensis Müll.Arg.
- Ixora pavetta Andr.
- Ixora peruviana (Spruce ex K.Schum.) Standl.
- Ixora pudica Baker
- Ixora raiateensis J.W.Moore
- Ixora raivavaensis Fosberg
- Ixora rufa Müll.Arg.
- Ixora saulierei Gamble
- Ixora setchellii Fosberg
- Ixora st-johnii Fosberg
- Ixora stokesii F.Br.
- Ixora temehaniensis J.W.Moore
- Ixora umbellata Valeton
- Ixora yavitensis Steyerm.
- "The World Checklist of Rubiaceae". Retrieved 16 November 2017.
|This Rubiaceae article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|