April 19, 1990
Brazil, Rio Grande do Sul, Bento Gonçalves
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
Jéssica Pauletto was born in the town of Bento Gonçalves, State of Rio Grande do Sul, 125 km away from the State's capital Porto Alegre. She is the daughter of a Brazilian industrialist. Her family was originating from the Region of Veneto, Italy.
Like Alessandra Ambrósio, Gisele Bündchen, Caroline Trentini and many other Brazilian models from Rio Grande do Sul, Jéssica Pauletto made her début with the modeling school of Dilson Stein. She joined the agency Marilyn in São Paulo at the end of 2004, and within a year she was already a very much sought-after model.
In January 2005 she participated in the São Paulo Fashion Week (SPFW), and she won the first edition of the Dream Tim contest as best "new face". During the SPFW she walked for 29 different fashion designers. Still during the 2005 winter season, Jéssica participated in the Rio Fashion Week" and was elected best model. Shortly after that she went to New York and settled there. In 2006 she went to Japan for some months and worked with L'Oréal Japan, Elle, Elle Girl and with the catalogue of the Japanese department stores Isetan (Japanese: 伊勢丹). In 2006 the review Folha included her among the 25 most famous Brazilian models.
- Vogue (Brazil) (twice)
- Vogue Teen
- Elle (Argentina)
- Elle Girl
- Glamour (Italy)
- Marie Claire (twice)
- Simples Magazine
- SPFW Review
- André Schiliró
- Cristiano Pio de Almeida
- Jacques Dequeker
- Marcelo Nunes
In 2007 Jéssica took a year off due to health problems. But she reappeared more beautiful than ever at the 2008 Winter SPFW, where she made the catwalk for a dozen of fashion companies including Iodice, Triton, Giselle Nasser and Amapô. Subsequently she went again to Japan. In 2010 she was signed by the ANC Agency in Hamburg, Germany.
Notes and references
- "Profile of Jéssica Pauletto". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 2010-08-01.
- Marilyn Agency has changed name and is now called Way Model Management. Other Brazilian models signed by that Agency are Ana Cláudia Michels and Caroline Trentini, for example. See waymodel.com Archived 6 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine. (in Portuguese).
- The SPFW is a fashion show organized twice a year in January/February and in June/July. It is considered to be the major fashion event of Latin America. See ffw.com (in Portuguese).
- Dream Tim is a modeling contest sponsored by the cellular telephony company TIM and organized by the SPFW.
- fashionshowroom Archived 7 July 2010 at the Wayback Machine. (in Portuguese).
- "Perfis das 25 top mais famosas do Brasil" (in Portuguese). FolhaOnline. 6 July 2006. Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- "Profile of Jéssica Pauletto" (in Portuguese). FolhaOnline. 18 July 2006. Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- Web site of Arezzo (in Portuguese).
- Web site of Triton (in Portuguese).
- Web site of Vide Bula (in Portuguese).
- Web site of Lucy in the Sky Archived 8 March 2010 at the Wayback Machine. (in Portuguese).
- Web site of Saad (in Portuguese).
- Web site of Maria Bonita Archived 9 February 2010 at the Wayback Machine. (in Portuguese).
- "São Paulo Fashion Week – Inverno 2008" (in Portuguese). fotolog.com. 2.2008. Retrieved 2010-08-31. Check date values in:
- Web site of the ANC Agency.
- Jéssica Pauletto at the Fashion Model Directory
- Photo Gallery of Jéssica Pauletto at ANC
- Photo Gallery of Jéssica Pauletto at dilsonstein.com (in Portuguese)
- Photo Gallery of Jéssica Pauletto at fotolog.com (in Portuguese)
- Profile of Jéssica Pauletto at assuntodemodelo.br (in Portuguese)
- Photo of Jéssica Pauletto at modareverenda – Marisa (in Portuguese)