Anderson warms up with the Atlanta Falcons before a game in 2008.
|No. 98, 90, 92|
|Date of birth:||February 6, 1986|
|Place of birth:||Little Rock, Arkansas|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||282 lb (128 kg)|
|High school:||Little Rock (AR) Parkview|
|NFL Draft:||2007 / Round: 1 / Pick: 8|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Jamaal Anderson (born February 6, 1986) is a former American football defensive end. He was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons eighth overall in the 2007 NFL Draft. He played college football at Arkansas.
Jamaal was originally a wide receiver for Parkview Arts and Science Magnet High School in Little Rock, when the Razorbacks,switched him to defensive end when Anthony Brown was injured during Anderson's sophomore season.
Anderson instantly hit it off at his new position change. Anderson recorded 17.5 quarterback sacks in his time at Arkansas, with those sacks going for minus 128 yards. He also recorded 130 tackles, with 84 solos. He had 32 stops for losses of 167 yards. He had 35 quarterback pressures, 8 pass deflections, 2 forced fumbles and a fumble recovery in 20 starts. Anderson chose to forgo his senior season at Arkansas, and entered the NFL Draft.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 6 in||279 lb||335⁄8 in||97⁄8 in||4.75 s||1.59 s||2.73 s||4.22 s||6.88 s||34 in||9 ft 8 in||22 reps|
|Values were taken at Pro Day.|
Anderson was drafted with the 8th overall pick by the Atlanta Falcons in the 2007 NFL Draft. Anderson earned the position of Falcons' starting right defensive end during training camp and started 15 regular season games. He finished the 2007 season with 30 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 3 pass defenses, and 0 quarterback sacks.
Anderson recorded his first sack against Chicago Bears quarterback Kyle Orton on October 12, 2008. He finished the 2008 season with 27 tackles, and two sacks. He moved to defensive tackle after a few games in 2009 due to injuries to the Falcons defensive line and his struggles at end.
On July 29, 2011, he was released by Atlanta.
On August 1, 2011, Anderson signed with the Indianapolis Colts. In a game against the Pittsburgh Steelers on September 25, 2011, Anderson recovered a Ben Roethlisberger fumble caused by Dwight Freeney and returned it 47 yards for his first NFL touchdown.
|Year||Team||GP||COMB||TOTAL||AST||SACK||FF||FR||FR YDS||INT||IR YDS||AVG IR||LNG||TD||PD|
- "Jamaal Anderson". NFL Draft Scout. Retrieved August 3, 2013.
- "Jamaal Anderson prospect profile". NFL. Archived from the original on July 1, 2007.
- Ledbetter, D. Orlando. "Falcons release former first-rounders Anderson, Jenkins". Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved 29 July 2011.
- Bengals scoop up Jamaal Anderson
- Bengals release Jamaal Anderson
- Associated Press (2013-07-25). "Bears sign Anderson with Ellis retiring". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved 2013-07-25.
- Sessler, Marc (August 17, 2013). "Jamaal Anderson cut after short Chicago Bears stint". NFL.com. Retrieved August 18, 2013.
- "Jamaal Anderson Stats". ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved 5 March 2014.