||It has been suggested that Daniel Kaufman be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since April 2015.|
|Slogan||Free music – Internet radio that plays what you want!|
Type of site
|Internet radio / social networking / educational|
|Available in||English, Spanish|
|Created by||Daniel Kaufman, Chris Dowhan, Mattias Stanghed, Johan Sandstrom, Josh Engroff, Matt Knox, Steve Eddy|
Jango is a free online music streaming service that allows users to create and share custom radio stations. Users choose artists to stream, and the station plays music from similar artists. Users can further refine their stations by rating songs and artists in their feed to play less or more frequently.
The service also incorporates social networking by “matching” users with listeners that have similar musical preferences. Users can share their stations or listen to stations created by others in the Jango social network.
The site also provides independent artists the opportunity, for a fee, to showcase their music by recommending their songs alongside that of similar popular artists.
- Customizable stations - type in the artist you want to hear - your station will play the music you want along with similar artists
- Recommendations based on user's rated songs and artists allowing music discovery
- Variety setting includes "Play popular", "Play variety" and "Most variety"
- Add more artists to a station
- Android App / iPhone App
- Unlimited Skips
- "Radio Airplay" paid promotion service that gives emerging artists airplay on Jango's stations
- Playback, fast forward, and rewind are not possible.
- Play-on-demand is not possible.
- Banner ads
- Cannot exclude artists, only individual songs.
- Cannot remove an artist once it is added to a station
- Can only add up to six artists to a station
- FAQ out of date
- Can only add up to 100 song to "Favorite Songs" list
- "Alexa". ALEXA. Retrieved 2013-07-06.
-  Retrieved 2012-09-12
- Jango: Refreshingly Simple Radio CNET, December 18, 2007
- Jango PCWorld, February 27, 2008
- Jango AppAppeal, June 23, 2009
- Jango and Seeqpod Hope to Monetize Music GigaOm, January 9, 2008
- Dash.com Named Best Shopping Tool By TIME Digital PRNewswire, November 3, 1999
- Dot-Coms Retain Kanda Software to Rapidly Develop and Deploy New E-commerce Solutions PRNewswire, August 7, 2000