|Original author(s)||Daniel Kaufman, Chris Dowhan, Mattias Stanghed, Johan Sandstrom, Josh Engroff, Matt Knox, Steve Eddy|
|Available in||English, Spanish|
|Alexa rank||9,504 (Global, September 2016)|
Jango is a free online music streaming service that allows users to create and share custom radio stations. Users choose artists to stream, and the station plays music from similar artists. Users can further refine their stations by rating songs and artists in their feed to play less or more frequently.
In 2007, Jango became the first music streaming platform to introduce a social networking aspect to radio stations. Users can share their stations or listen to stations created by others in the Jango social network.
The site also provides independent artists the opportunity, for a fee, to showcase their music by recommending their songs alongside that of similar popular artists.
Jango’s business model is derived from advertising revenues and transaction fees from selling music through the site. There is currently no premium services available for the site.
- Rowell, Catherine (September 14, 2016). "Popular music-streaming services". USA Business Review. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- Rosoff, Matt (December 19, 2007). "Jango: refreshingly simple online radio". CNET. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- Young, Joseph (March 17, 2016). "NeuCoin Reaches 275,000 Users After Launch of Facebook Game and Jango Radio". Bitcoin Magazine. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- Lu, Cathy (February 27, 2008). "Jango (Beta) Internet Radio Site". PC World. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- Healey, Jon (March 21, 2008). "How to get ahead in webcasting". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- Brown, Adam (June 23, 2009). "Jango: Free Personalized Internet Radio". App Appeal. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- Higginbotham, Stacey (January 9, 2008). "Jango and Seeqpod Hope to Monetize Music". Jango and Seeqpod Hope to Monetize Music. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- Adams, Simon (2013). 101 Ways to Market Your Music On the Web. Lulu Press Inc. ISBN 9781447546979.