Javier Ortega Desio
|Full name||Javier Ortega Desio|
|Date of birth||14 June 1990|
|Place of birth||Paraná, Argentina|
|Height||1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||102 kg (16 st 1 lb; 225 lb)|
|Rugby union career|
Javier Ortega Desio (born 14 June 1990) is an Argentine rugby union player who plays as a loose forward for the Argentine Super Rugby side Jaguares, and the Argentina national rugby union team.
Ortega Desio started out his professional career playing for the San Isidro Club in the Torneo de la URBA. He spent 4 years there and racked up almost 50 appearances before switching to join Estudiantes de Paraná in his home town in 2014.
Ortega Desio is signed to play for Jaguares until 2017.
Ortega Desio was a member of the Argentina Under-20 sides which competed in the 2010 IRB Junior World Championship and later went on to play for Argentina's representative teams, the Jaguars and the Pampas XV. He was a member of the Pampas XV squad for the 2013 Vodacom Cup in South Africa and he also went on their tour of Australia in 2014.
He made his senior debut for Los Pumas against Uruguay on 20 May 2012, scoring a try in the process. However, it wasn't until 2014 before he tasted action against non-South American opposition where he played in all 3 of his country's matches during the 2014 mid-year rugby union internationals series.
- "Javier Ortega Desio Argentina Rugby Player Profile". UAR. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "Javier Ortega Desio ESPN Scrum Player Profile". ESPN. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "Javier Ortega Desio itsrugby.co.uk Player Statistics". itsrugby.co.uk. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "Javier Ortega Desio IRB JWC Player Profile". IRB.com. Archived from the original on 6 October 2014. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "Pumas squad for the Rugby Championship". Sanzar Rugby. 4 August 2014. Retrieved 1 October 2014.