|Born||30 May 1989|
Jerry Hoffmann (born 30 May 1989) is a German actor.
Life and career
Hoffmann was born in Hamburg. He made his début at the age of 18 in the film Shahada, in the major role of Samir. The film had its world première at the 2010 Berlin International Film Festival and won awards both in Germany and at various film festivals abroad.
He began drama studies in 2009 at the Otto Falckenberg School of the Performing Arts in Munich and continued at the Berlin University of the Arts. Before completing his training he had been seen in a number of stage and screen productions. For example, beginning in 2011 he appeared with Martin Wuttke and Margit Carstensen in Schmeiß dein Ego Weg at the Volksbühne.
In the film Wir sind wieder wer, he plays a young member of the American occupying force who falls in love with a German (Henriette Confurius). The film received the 2012 No Fear Award at the First Steps Awards.
In the miniseries Zeit der Helden, produced by Westdeutscher Rundfunk and Arte, Hoffmann plays a nurse who has a relationship with his co-worker (played by Jasna Fritzi Bauer). The series won the Deutscher Fernsehpreis for Best Series in 2013 and the Grimme-Preis in 2014.
In 2013, he was selected as a talent at the Berlinale Talents. In the ARD two-parter Grzimek, featuring Ulrich Tukur, Barbara Auer and Katharina Schüttler, he plays Grzimek's adoptive son, Thomas.
Hoffmann has a part in the 20th Century Fox action film Hitman: Agent 47 (2015), with Rupert Friend, Hannah Ware, and Zachary Quinto. In the stage play I call my brothers, Hoffmann plays the lead role of Amor; the production received invitations to the 2014 Radikal jung Festival in Munich and the 2014 International Theater Festival in Belo Horizonte.
- 2015: Hitman: Agent 47
- 2015: Heil
- 2014: Grzimek
- 2012: Zeit der Helden
- 2011: Nemez
- 2011: Wir sind wieder wer
- 2011: Ein weites Herz
- 2009: Shahada
- 2013: Ich rufe meine Brüder
- 2011: Schmeiß dein Ego weg
- "Drehstart für "Grzimek" (AT) Ulrich Tukur spielt den bekannten Tierschützer Bernhard Grzimek", News Aktuell Presseportal, 1 April 2014 (in German)
- "Ulrich Tukur spielt Tierschutz-Pionier Bernhard Grzimek", Focus, 1 April 2014 (in German)
- Margarete Kreuzer, "Kulturtipps mit Jerry Hoffmann", Stilbruch, Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg, 28 November 2013 (in German)
- Anna Steinbauer, "radikal jung 2014 – Kritik: Michael Ronen fragt in 'Ich rufe meine Brüder' nach der Identität", cult, 10 April 2014 (in German)