This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genres||Ska, punk, hardcore, pop|
|Labels||Raw Energy, Fueled by Ramen, Virgin|
|Associated acts||Alexisonfire, The Black Lungs, Saint Alvia Cartel, The Artist Life, Grade, The Creepshow, Hunter, The Fullblast|
|Past members||Kevin Harris|
Jersey was a Burlington, Ontario ska punk band from 1996 to 2005. In 1997, the band released a demo tape which they sold at local concerts. The band had immediate hype partially due to frontman Taylor's previous band, Grade.
The band was quickly signed to Southern Ontario punk label Raw Energy and released No Turning Back in 1998. American record label Fueled by Ramen put out the band's second major release, The Battle's Just Begun, a year later. The band began touring Canada and the United States heavily in support of the album as well as 2001's release Definition Recorded and produced by Brian McTernan at Salad Days in Baltimore. Enough interest was generated to interest Virgin Records.
The band signed to Virgin in 2003 and producer Dan Brodbeck (Headstrong, Garnet Rogers) signed on to produce Jersey's third album, Generation Genocide. Generation Genocide was released in Fall 2003. The album was released in the United States in the Spring 2004.
In 2005, they announced they were splitting up citing a desire to go in different directions musically.
During the time they were together they toured and/or shared the stage with the likes of Grade, Reach the Sky, NOFX, Hi Standard, Less Than Jake, MXPX, PTC, One Man Army, Anti Flag, The Unseen, Cooter, Slick Shoes, Propagandhi, The Offspring, The Voodoo Glow Skulls, The Criminals, Ann Beretta, Trunk, Hot Water Music, Citizen Fish, Alexisonfire, Simple Plan, Sum 41, Yellowcard, and Eve 6.
The band has done several reunion shows through 2011 and 2014, but without really come back to do new music together.
- Last members
- Greg Taylor - guitar, lead vocals
- Johnny Lubera - bass
- Sean McNab - guitar, vocals
- Jordan Hastings - drums
- Former members
- Kevin Harris - drums
- Ian Blackwood - drums
- Sarah Brooksbank - vocals
- Bob Shaw - sax
- Tracy Brown - sax
- Gene Figgley - bass
- No Turning Back (1998)
- In Friends We Trust - Jersey/Outspan split - Raw Energy (1998)
- The Battle's Just Begun (1999)
- Definition (2001)
- Generation Genocide (2004)
As of August 2006, the members of Jersey have gone on to other endeavours.
- Greg Taylor is currently playing with The Saint Alvia Cartel.
- Sean McNab plays standup bass with psychobilly band The Creepshow.
- Jordan Hastings is the drummer for Alexisonfire & is also part of the trio Say Yes. As of January 2016 He is a touring/session drummer for Billy Talent.
- Johnny Lubera was married in the fall of 2006.
- Ian Blackwood sings and plays guitar in The Artist Life.
- Sarah Brooksbank is now married to Beau Beau from Avail.
- "Jersey Call It A Day", ChartAttack, Apr 13, 2005 Archived 2012-03-13 at the Wayback Machine.
- Jordan Hastings [@Ratbeard] (16 January 2013). "I'm excited to be a part of @pouzzafest this year. #jerseyreunion" (Tweet) – via Twitter. /photo/1