This article includes inline citations, but they are not properly formatted. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jessica Lynn in 2016
1990 (age 27–28)|
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, entertainer|
|Instruments||Lead vocals, guitar, piano, drums|
|Associated acts||Phil Vassar, Jo Dee Messina, Loretta Lynn, Shenandoah|
Jessica Lynn (January 6, 1990) is a country music singer and songwriter.
Jessica Lynn was born in Brooklyn, New York and attended Lakeland High School in Shrub Oak. While in college at Pace University in nearby Pleasantville, New York, Lynn received her bachelor's degree in Adolescent Education and Mathematics and her master's degree in Special Education and graduated with honors while being a member of The Mathematics Honor Society Kappa Mu Epsilon.
In her early teens, Lynn formed her first band and began performing professionally throughout Manhattan. She began playing the piano in middle school and taught herself the guitar and drums in high school.
At sixteen, Lynn penned a song about Alzheimer's disease, entitled "Your Favorite Stranger," which aided in her becoming a published ASCAP writer in the same year. Lynn performed "Your Favorite Stranger" on her father's nationwide PBS television special, Cal - Forever and Beyond...Live In Concert, which was a No. 2 ranked PBS concert.
In 2014 she appeared on television in Jessica Lynn: This Much Fun – Live from the Winery at St. George. In the summer of 2014 she performed at the Country Jam USA, Headwaters Country Jam, and Taste of Country Festival. Lynn was signed to Round Hill Music in 2014 by Jonnie “Most” Davis as a songwriter and artist where she traveled to Nashville, Tennessee to write and record with some of the most influential songwriters and producers in the industry, such as Clay Mills, Wade Kirby, Trey Bruce, Rachel Proctor, Mike Mobley, Bryan White, and Greg Bieck.
In 2015, in support of her second PBS television special, Lynn went on her second nationwide tour, sharing the bill with major country music talent, such as Keith Urban, Thompson Square, and Clint Black. Lynn also went on tour with country music artist Jo Dee Messina.
In 2016 Lynn performed with country music artist and songwriter Phil Vassar at Ridgefield, Connecticut’s Ridgefield Playhouse. Lynn also released her first single and music video, "Not Your Woman," which is the lead single off her debut self-titled studio EP. The single spent four weeks at No. 1 on the Iceman's chart,  which is the only New Country Countdown show listed and recognized in the Country Music Association's Industry Guide.
Lynn's third national tour was in the summer of 2016 where she performed with country music icons Trace Adkins, Shenandoah, and Loretta Lynn, preceded by her first international tour, where she headlined the American Journeys festival in Cambrai, France.
Lynn spent the summer of 2017 overseas, once again, where she performed in several countries throughout Europe. During the international tour, she opened for ZZ Top  and performed along side Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Dokken, and Extreme.  It was during this trip that she introduced her new EP, Look At Me That Way to the world. 
Following the release of Look At Me That Way, Lynn released her second single to radio, "Crazy Idea."  To date, Lynn's single has peaked at No. 48 on Nashville's Music Row chart, spotlighting the indie artist among some of the genre's most recognizable names. 
Following Lynn's 2014 PBS special, Jessica Lynn: This Much Fun – Live from the Winery at St. George, and its success, she was invited to return to the network with a 2015 program. Lynn filmed and recorded her second PBS television special Jessica Lynn- Takin’ Over : Live at The Paramount, which aired nationwide that same year, making its debut in her home state on PBS WNET. Lynn was also featured on the CBS Evening News.
On December 19, 2014 Lynn got engaged to her lead guitarist Steven Sterlacci, with whom she co-wrote the tracks “Can’t Get Enough” and “Told Me Yesterday” from her first television special. The couple was later married on November 4, 2016.  Lynn’s father and manager, Peter Calamera, plays bass guitar in her band while her mother, Victoria Calamera, is a background vocalist.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Sales|
|Jessica Lynn EP||
|Look At Me That Way EP||
|2016||"Not Your Woman"||N/A|
- "Jessica Lynn, country music's newest star from New York".
- "Jessica Lynn homegrown talent".
- "Pace University Journal News".
- "Yorktown Singer Set to Release First Album".
- "Cal's Music".
- "Hofner Guitar News".
- "TV Guide".
- "Jessica Lynn 'takin over' Paramount Hudson Valley".
- "Country Jam USA - 2014". Archived from the original on 2016-05-17.
- "Headwaters Country Jam - 2014". Archived from the original on 2016-05-17.
- "Taste of Country Festival - 2014". Archived from the original on 2016-05-16.
- "Jessica Lynn Shines In Headlining Debut at Ridgefield Playhouse by Shawn St. Jean".
- "Wunderkinds 2015 - Jessica Lynn, 25 by Scott Simone".
- "Exclusive Interview: Jessica Lynn – Not Your Woman, But a Woman Worth Knowing by Jen Swirsky".
- "Jessica Lynn Not Your Woman".
- "Jessica Lynn".
- "Phil Vassar & Jessica Lynn Perform Jo Dee Messina's "I'm Alright" by Jen Swirsky, NashvilleGab".
- "Jessica Lynn: the New Woman in Country".
- "Jessica Lynn".
- "Jessica Lynn to perform at Big Horn Country USA 2016".
- "Shenandoah & Jessica Lynn at Dosey Doe".
- "Jessica Lynn @ Loretta Lynn with Jessica Lynn @ The Ridgefield Playhouse".
- "Jessica Lynn".
- "Jessica Lynn Single "Crazy Idea"".
- "Yorktown's Jessica Lynn Broadens Her Fan Base Opening For ZZ Top".
- "Ramblin' Man Fair: The Official Stage Times".
- "'New Shania Twain' Jessica Lynn debuts new song Crazy Idea from upcoming EP (EXCLUSIVE)".
- "JESSICA LYNN – CRAZY IDEA".
- "Music Row Country Breakout Chart" (PDF).
- "Yorktown's Own Jessica Lynn Takin' Over PBS With New Special by Mr. Morning".
- "TV Guide".
- "CBS Evening News".
- "Jessica Lynn Performs At Peekskill Riverfront Green by Skip Pearlman".
- "Country Singer-Songwriter JESSICA LYNN Discusses Her Newest Music, Favorite Artists, Touring With ZZ Top and More!".
- "Yorktown Singer/Songwriter Looks Forward to Performing at P'ville Music Festival by Janine Bowen".