1979 (age 39–40)
|Nationality||Australia, Czech Republic|
|Education||Master of Architecture|
|Alma mater||University of Newcastle (Australia)|
|Organization||Australian Institute of Architects|
|Known for||Advocacy of and education in sustainable architecture and urban design|
Lev's practice and research focus primarily on sustainable and humanitarian architecture. He advocates for contemporary interpretation of traditional aesthetic, materials and construction methods (e.g. Gulgong Holtermann Museum), including the use of industrial hemp in construction.
Lev is the founder of ArchiCamp, an annual grassroots gathering of Australian and international architects and architecture students, which introduced the concept of popular, loosely organised, "guerilla" style architecture events, aimed at directly assisting disadvantaged communities, who elect to host them.
Lev was born in the Czech Republic to parents Jiri Loew, Czech architect, academic and author and Lydie Loewova, architect. He was educated at Mathias Lerch Grammar School. Then he commenced studies at Brno University of Technology and worked briefly at his father's firm. He moved to Australia in 2005 and studied architecture under Richard Leplastrier and Kerry and Lindsay Clare at the University of Newcastle.
- Country House, Morpeth NSW
- Hangar House, Rylstone NSW
- Angkor High School, Angkor, Cambodia
- Gulgong Holtermann Museum, Gulgong NSW
- River Cabin, Bellingen NSW
- Aarons Pass Cabin, Capertee NSW
- Budgee Budgee House, Mudgee NSW
- La Vigna Cabin, Mudgee NSW
- Virtue, Robert (2015-10-19). "University students design infrastructure for flood-ravaged Dungog". ABC News. Retrieved 2019-01-29.
- WATSON, ELLE (2015-10-12). "Architects and designers plan projects for flood affected town". Mudgee Guardian. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- Australasian Student Architecture Congress. "Agency 2017 Workshops".
- WATSON, ELLE (2015-01-26). "Gulgong's Holtermann Museum launch reveals first drawings". Mudgee Guardian. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- MURRAY, ROBYN (2014-10-20). "Museum plan to save 'Wonder of the World' that made Gulgong the 'Ten Dollar Town'". Mudgee Guardian. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- Australian Hemp Masonry (2015). "Atelier Jiri Lev". Australian Hemp Masonry.
- "Architecture in the field: Archicamp 2015". ArchitectureAU. Retrieved 2019-01-29.
- "Students attend annual ArchiCamp in Hunter Valley". School of Architecture. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- WATTS, ELLIE-MARIE (2015-10-22). "Students shepherd ideas". Port Stephens Examiner. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- SWAIN, EMMA (2015-10-05). "Sustainable architecture gathering comes to Shepherds Ground | PHOTOS". The Maitland Mercury. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- Lev, Jiri (2017-08-31). "The power of streetscape and how to protect it". Newcastle Herald. Retrieved 2019-04-09.
- Lev, Jiri (2017-10-05). "Bread, circuses and our disappearing city". Newcastle Herald. Retrieved 2019-04-09.
- Michal, Igor; Loew, Jiri (2003). Krajinny raz. Lesnicka prace. ISBN 80-86386-27-9.
- Kopecek,, Pavel; Loew, Jiri; Kucera, Petr (2015). Projevy krestanske liturgie v kulturni krajine. Mendel University. ISBN 978-80-7509-387-5.