|No. 77 New York Giants|
|Date of birth:||June 14, 1986|
|Place of birth:||Memphis, Tennessee|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||335 lb (152 kg)|
|High school:||Batesville (MS) South Panola|
|NFL draft:||2010 / Round: 3 / Pick: 73|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2014|
|Stats at NFL.com|
married with one son
John Jerry (born June 14, 1986) is an American football guard for the New York Giants of the National Football League. He played college football at the University of Mississippi. He was drafted by the Miami Dolphins in the third round of the 2010 NFL Draft.
High school career
Jerry attended South Panola High School in Batesville, Mississippi, where he was a two-way lineman and his career totals included 205 tackles, with 13 quarterback sacks. As a senior, he made 88 tackles, including five QB sacks, and returned one pass interception for a touchdown. He helped lead South Panola High to a 44-1 record, including state championships in 2003 and 2004, while being runners-up in 2002.
After a prep school year at Hargrave Military Academy, Jerry started all 12 contests at right guard for the Ole Miss Rebels in 2006. He was honored by several postseason publications as one of the top freshman linemen in the country, including The Sporting News and Rivals.com. In 2007 he played in all 12 games and started nine at right guard.
Jerry was moved to right tackle and started all 13 games at the position in 2008, and earned second team All-SEC honors from the SEC Coaches and Phil Steele.
2010 NFL Draft
Jerry was considered one of the better offensive linemen available in the 2010 NFL Draft. He drew comparisons to Leonard Davis. On draft day, he was selected by the Miami Dolphins in the 3rd round, 73rd overall.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 5⅜ in||328 lb||34 in||9¾ in||5.15 s||1.81 s||3.02 s||4.69 s||7.93 s||27½ in||8 ft 5 in|
|All values from NFL Combine|
In February 2014, the NFL released the "Wells Report" finding that Jerry, along with Dolphins teammates Richie Incognito and Mike Pouncey, had bullied and harassed lineman Jonathan Martin, another unnamed player, and an assistant trainer during the 2012-13 seasons. The harassment of the assistant trainer, in which Jerry took part, included racial insults.
New York Giants
- Rivals.com Offensive tackles 2005, January 18, 2005
- Buchanan, Olin; Dienhart, Tom; Fox, David; Huguenin, Mike; Megargee, Steve (August 22, 2009), "Preseason offensive tackle power rankings", Rivals.com
- Richardson, Steve (August 11, 2009), 2009 Outland Trophy Watch List Announced, Football Writers Association of America
- "NFL Draft - 2010 OG Draft Prospects", CBSSports.com
- Brandt, Gil, "Top offensive tackle prospects for 2010 hail from the Big 12", NFL.com
- "John Jerry Draft Profile", CBSSports.com, retrieved August 22, 2009
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP, "Report to the National Football League Concerning Issues of Workplace Conduct at the Miami Dolphins", 14 February 2014
- Eder, Steve, and Ben Shpigel,"Two Dolphins’ Paths to a Bullying Scandal", New York Times, 24 February 2014; retrieved 25 February 2014
- Eisen, Michael (March 21, 2014). "Giants Sign Free Agent OL John Jerry". Giants.com. Retrieved March 21, 2014.
- Raanan, Jordan (March 13, 2015). "Offensive lineman John Jerry latest Giants player set to re-sign with team". nj.com. Retrieved March 13, 2015.