|No. 98, 75|
|Born:||December 31, 1987|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||295 lb (134 kg)|
|High school:||Lebanon (PA)|
|College:||Penn State (2006–2009)|
|NFL Draft:||2010 / Round: 1 / Pick: 28|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at NFL.com|
Jared Taylor Odrick (born December 31, 1987) is a former American football defensive end. He was drafted by the Miami Dolphins in the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He also played for the Jacksonville Jaguars. He played college football at Penn State.
High school career
Odrick was a 2005 USAToday, Parade Magazine, and U.S. Army All-American as a senior at Lebanon High School in Lebanon, Pennsylvania. He was named first-team all-state and played in the 2006 Big 33 Football Classic and the 2006 U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
Odrick played sparingly his freshman season with Penn State University, but earned the starting job at defensive tackle in 2007. He would make 16 tackles, with four tackles-for-loss, two sacks, and one blocked kick. In 2008, Odrick started 11 games, earning First-team All-Big Ten honors. He recorded 41 tackles, with 9.5 tackles-for-loss, 4.5 sacks, one forced fumble, and three pass breakups.
Odrick was named an AFCA and CBSSports.com All-American in 2009. He was also named the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year, the Big Ten Defensive Lineman of the Year, and First-team All-Big Ten by the conference’s coaches, He is ranked No. 8 in the Big Ten with 6.0 sacks and was fifth on the team with 41 tackles, has 10.0 tackles for loss, with one blocked field goal, one pass break-up and three quarterback hurries.
Odrick was drafted by the Miami Dolphins with the 28th overall pick of the 2010 NFL Draft. He signed a five-year, $13 million contract (with $7.1 million guaranteed) with the Dolphins on July 29, 2010. He is represented by Drew Rosenhaus. In October 2010, Jared broke his foot in practice and missed the rest of the season.
In 2011, Odrick had a strong season having an interception and six sacks as a backup defensive end. Odrick became infamous during that season for performing the "Pee-Wee Herman Dance" after recording a sack, reenacting a scene from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.
Odrick was placed on injured reserve on December 10, 2016 with a shoulder injury.
On February 20, 2017, Odrick was released by the Jaguars.
|Year||Team||GP||COMB||TOTAL||AST||SACK||FF||FR||FR YDS||INT||IR YDS||AVG IR||LNG||TD||PD|
- GP: games played
- COMB: combined tackles
- TOTAL: total tackles
- AST: assisted tackles
- SACK: sacks
- FF: forced fumbles
- FR: fumble recoveries
- FR YDS: fumble return yards
- INT: interceptions
- IR YDS: interception return yards
- AVG IR: average interception return
- LNG: longest interception return
- TD: interceptions returned for touchdown
- PD: passes defensed
Arts & Entertainment
Odrick has written many articles for a variety of sports publications, including "Football, the flag, and the right to speak our minds," for Sports Illustrated, "Who do you cheer for?", for Sporting News, and most recently "Kneeling to Nike", a critical response to Kaepernick and Nike.
TV & Film
In 2015, Odrick made his debut on HBO's Ballers, written by Stephen Levinson and starring Dwayne Johnson. He appeared in four episodes between 2015-2016.
Independent Film Work
Odrick is the executive producer of three short films: "Roller Coaster" (2015), "Filling in" (2016), and "Jade" (2017). He acted in both "Filling in" and "Jade," playing the role of Kevin in the former, and Justin in the latter. He will be also making an appearance in the upcoming Sylvester Stallone's thriller film, Samaritan which is set to be released on 2022. 
In 2017, Odrick curated an art exhibit in the city of Jacksonville, taking over ten select billboards and juxtaposing local artists' work against commercial advertisements. The contrast between the art and advertisement emphasized "how much we've allowed commercialism to hoard our public viewing space". The project was a collaborative effort with University of North Florida art student, Jenna Sparrow, and the Jaguar's Director of Photography, Everett Sullivan.
- "91: Jared Odrick". Penn State Sports Information. Retrieved December 3, 2009.
- "Odrick Selected AFCA All-American". Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics. December 3, 2009.
- "Odrick and Bowman Earn CBSsports.com All-America Honors". Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics. December 14, 2009.
- "Big Ten Announces 2009 Football All-Conference Teams and Individual Honors". Big Ten Conference. November 23, 2009. Archived from the original on November 27, 2009. Retrieved December 3, 2009.
- Snyder, Audrey (July 29, 2010). "Odrick signs contract with Dolphins". The Daily Collegian. Archived from the original on March 6, 2012.
- Rick Chandler (November 22, 2011). "Jared Odrick's Pee Wee Herman sack dance is a big deal in Miami right now (video)". Off the Bench. NBC Sports. Archived from the original on November 26, 2011. Retrieved January 3, 2013.
- John, Oehser. "Jared Odrick: Looking to fit in". Jaguars.com. Retrieved March 11, 2015.
- Oehser, John (December 10, 2016). "Saturday update: Thomas, Odrick on injured reserve". Jaguars.com.
- Oehser, John (February 20, 2017). "Jaguars release DE Jared Odrick". Jaguars.com.
- "Jared Odrick Stats". ESPN. ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- "Jared Odrick". IMDb.