John T. Godfrey
(Redirected from John Trevor Godfrey)Jump to navigation Jump to search
John Trevor Godfrey
|Born||March 28, 1922|
|Died||June 12, 1958 (aged 36)|
Rhode Island, United States
|Service/||Royal Canadian Air Force (1941–43)|
United States Army Air Forces (1943–45)
|Years of service||1941–1945|
|Unit||4th Fighter Group|
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Awards||Silver Star (2)|
Distinguished Flying Cross (8)
Air Medal (4)
4th Fighter Group
He was promoted to the rank of major before he was discharged from the Army Air Forces shortly following the war.
- Philip Kaplan (2017). Lone Eagle: The Fighter Pilot Experience - From World War I and World War II to the Jet Age. New York: Skyhorse Publishing. ISBN 978-1-5107-0516-6. OCLC 1005928360. Retrieved December 2, 2018 – via Google Books.
- "John Trevor Godfrey | Military". American Air Museum in Britain. Archived from the original on April 19, 2015. Retrieved 2018-12-02.
- Philip Kaplan (2006). Two-Man Air Force: Don Gentile & John Godfrey World War Two Flying Aces. Havertown: Pen and Sword. ISBN 978-1-4738-0065-6. OCLC 1048404608 – via Google Books.
- Video: American Army Women Serving On All Fronts Etc. (1944). Universal Newsreel. 1944. Retrieved February 21, 2012.
- Godfrey, John Trevor (1973) . The Look of Eagles. New York, NY: Ballantine. OCLC 14685879. Retrieved December 2, 2018 – via Google Books.
- Johnny Godfrey at acesofww2.com
- John T. Godfrey at Find a Grave
- 4th Fighter Group WWII official association website
|This article about a notable individual during World War II is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|