This biographical article is written like a résumé. (November 2016)
|Known for||Advanced Development Studio Executive SVP at Walt Disney Imagineering|
Jon Snoddy is an American technology expert who is currently the Advanced Development Studio Executive SVP at Walt Disney Imagineering. He was the co-founder of Big Stage Entertainment and has served as director, CTO, CCO and CTO in various technology/media firms.
Snoddy served as the recording engineer, technical production, at National Public Radio (NPR) from January 1982 until March 1984. While working with NPR, he served as the technical director for the program "All Things Considered". He was also the technical director for US 1984 Election coverage and technical director 1984 Winter Olympics.
Between March 1984 and March 1987, Snoddy served as the project director at Lucasfilm Ltd. From 1987 to 1995, he was the director, Senior Concept Designer at Disney. Between 1987 and 1996, he served as the Senior Show Designer Walt Disney Imagineering. From March 1987 to December 1996, he served as the director, Senior Concept Designer Walt Disney Imagineering.
In 1996, Snoddy co-founded Sega GameWorks LLC alongside Steven Spielberg and Skip Paul. From 1996 to 2001, Snoddy served as the Chief Creative Officer at GameWorks. In 2002, Snoddy and Steven Spielberg co-founded MyTelescope.com; an internet astronomy startup. From January 2003 until February 2007, he was the CCO/CTO TimePlay Entertainment. Between October 2009 and April 2014 he was the Vice President of R&D at Walt Disney Imagineering.
In 2007, Snoddy co-founded Big Stage Entertainment alongside Jonathan I. Strietzel and Jon Kraft. He also served as the CTO of the company from January 2007 to July 2009. In May 2015, Snoddy became the Advanced Development Studio Executive SVP at Walt Disney Imagineering.
- Matt Weinberger, "We just got a big hint about how cool Disneyland's 'Star Wars' rides will be", businessinsider.com, January 7, 2016.
- Dean Takahashi, "Intel to create 300-drone holiday show over Walt Disney World resort", venturebeat.com, November 16, 2016.
- Kevin Jenkins, "Big Stage Entertainment announces ggl Global gaming as First Video game Promotion Partner", stritzlive.com, December 11, 2008.
- "About Samesurf", samesurf.com,.
- "Sega Gameworks Appoints Jon Snoddy Vice President Of Design", thefreelibrary.com,.
- "Disney teases ‘unprecedented’ ‘Star Wars’ park ride", cbr.com,.
- "Disney Tech Executives Front and Center at CES", thewaltdisneycompany.com, January 13, 2016.
- "Walt Disney Company And Silicon Graphics Team to create Virtual Reality Exhibit at Epcot Center", employees.org,.
- "Disney and Intel Light Up the Skies at Disney Springs With Hundreds of Twinkling Choreographed Show Drones ", wdwnews.com,.
- Diedtra Henderson, "Builders Dream Of Gameworks Spielberg Brainchild May Be Cloned In Chicago", articles.chicagotribune.com, March 7, 1997.
- Diedtra Henderson, ", community.seattletimes.nwsource.com,.
- K.C. Jones, "Hot For The Holidays: 3-D Avatars, Gardening Gadgets", informationweek.com, November 24, 2008.
- Rafat Ali, "Audio: The Future of Mobile Entertainment", gigaom.com, November 11, 2004.
- David Brond, "The Science of Magic: Rensselaer and Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development, Inc. Advance the Frontiers of Cognitive Computing", news.rpi.edu, March 19, 2015.
- JAN NORMAN, "Relationships, technology build a company", ocregister.com, August 21, 2013.
- "Big Stage Entertainment Makes You a Star in the Digital Universe with Debut of BigStage.com", businesswire.com,
- Matt Weinberger, "Why Disney CEO Bob Iger told his top 400 executives to 'have a love affair with technology", businessinsider.com, January 8, 2016
- Seb Joseph, "Disney details how VR, AIs, robotics will shape its stories of the future", thedrum.com, January 7, 2016
- David Maxwell Braun, "Elephants Are Social, Like Humans, and Should Be Treated That Way, Expert Urges", voices.nationalgeographic.com, July 26, 2016