Journal of Natural Products
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|J. Nat. Prod.|
|Edited by||A. Douglas Kinghorn|
American Chemical Society (United States)
The Journal of Natural Products is a monthly peer-reviewed scientific journal covering all aspects of research on the chemistry and/or biochemistry of naturally occurring compounds. It is co-published by the American Society of Pharmacognosy and the American Chemical Society. The editor-in-chief is A. Douglas Kinghorn (Ohio State University).
The journal was established in 1938 as Lloydia and published by the Lloyd Library and Museum and obtained its present title in 1979. It has been the official journal of the American Society of Pharmacognosy since 1961. Originally a quarterly publication, it became a bimonthly journal in 1975, and has appeared monthly since 1992. The American Society of Pharmacognosy began to co-publish the journal with the American Chemical Society in 1996. In 2008, the journal was hijacked by a low-quality open access journal using the same title. As of January 2016[update], this counterfeit journal was still active.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- "Lloydia". Library of Congress Catalog. Library of Congress. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Journal of Natural Products". Library of Congress Catalog. Library of Congress. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- Beall, Jeffrey. "Another Respected Society Journal Victimized by Title Thief". Scholarly Open Access. Archived from the original on 24 January 2016. Retrieved 19 January 2016.
- "Biological Abstracts - Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "CAS Source Index". Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Retrieved 2016-01-19.[permanent dead link]
- "Journal of Natural Products". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Content overview". Scopus. Elsevier. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Journal of Natural Products". 2014 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2015.