|Birth name||Peter O'Grady|
|Genres||Dubstep, UK funky, UK garage, jungle, house, post-dubstep|
|Labels||Hotflush, Doldrums, Hingefinger, SunkLo, Swamp81|
Peter O'Grady, better known as Joy Orbison, is a DJ and producer based in London. His style is a coalescence of house, dubstep, UK funky, UK garage and oldschool jungle. O'Grady achieved underground success with his debut single "Hyph Mngo", released via Hotflush Recordings in October 2009. He is also known for his collaborations with Boddika.
O'Grady credits his uncle Ray Keith for introducing him to jungle and UK garage at a young age. At 13, he took up DJing and eventually moved into production in his 20s, using Fruity Loops to create 8-bar grime loops before developing his sound combining house, disco and dubstep. He cites influences as diverse as J Dilla, My Bloody Valentine, GG Allin, Josef K and The Beach Boys.
His debut single "Hyph Mngo" was called the most forward-thinking dubstep track of 2009 and received airplay and floorplay worldwide. This was followed by "Brkln Clln" on O'Grady's own label Doldrums, which he ran in tandem with partner Impey. In 2010, O'Grady released "The Shrew Would Have Cushioned The Blow" on Aus Music, an eclectic record label founded by Will Saul and Fink.
"Hyph Mngo" was voted #23 in the Resident Advisor top 100 tracks of the 2000s and #1 in Fact Magazine's top tracks of 2009. He was named number 18 in NME's New Music Tips of 2010 and voted 19th in the Resident Advisor 'Top DJs of 2012' poll.
In 2012, O'Grady began residencies at his own London based club night 'Just For You' and at Manchester's 'meandyou' party. He also launched a record label called Hinge Finger which is co-run by artist Will Bankhead.
- 2009: "Hyph Mngo"/"Wet Look" (Hotflush Recordings)
- 2009: "J. Doe"/"BRKLN CLLN" (Doldrums Recordings)
- 2010: "The Shrew Would Have Cushioned The Blow" (Aus Music)
- 2010: "BB"/"Ladywell" (Doldrums Recordings)
- 2011: "Wade In"/"Jels" (Hotflush Recordings) (as Joy O)
- 2011: "Sicko Cell"/"Knock Knock" (Swamp81)
- 2012: "Swims" (with Boddika) (Swamp81)
- 2012: "Froth"/"Mercy" (with Boddika) (SunkLo)
- 2012: "Dun Dun"/"Prone" (with Boddika) (SunkLo)
- 2012: "Ellipsis" (Hinge Finger)
- The Playlist: Joy Orbison – "The Shrew Would Have Cushioned the Blow". Pitchfork. Retrieved on 2011-03-15.
- Music – Joy Orbison. BBC (2010-03-19). Retrieved on 2011-03-15.
- RA Poll: Top 100 tracks of the '00s. Residentadvisor.net. Retrieved on 2011-03-15.
- 100 best: Tracks of 2009 – FACT magazine: music and art. Factmag.com (2009-12-14). Retrieved on 2011-03-15.
-  Archived January 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "RA Poll: Top DJs of 2012". Residentadvisor.net. 2012-12-04. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- "Hinge Finger - CDs and Vinyl at Discogs". Discogs.com. 2012-08-28. Retrieved 2013-10-08.