|Date of birth||19 June 1989|
|Place of birth||Vantaa, Finland|
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2015||→ HJK (loan)||4||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14 November 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 2 September 2017
Juhani Ojala (Finnish pronunciation: [ˈjuhɑni ˈojɑlɑ]; (born 19 June 1989), is a Finnish professional football Centre back who plays for BK Häcken and the Finland national team. Ojala was born in Vantaa, Finland where he played for the local youth team before moving to HJK´s organisation.
During the 2009 season, Ojala represented mostly Klubi-04, HJK's reserve squad. In the beginning of the 2010 season, however, he was selected to HJK's first eleven, due to various injuries in the squad. His performances were outstanding, and he quickly established himself as one of the key players in HJK's victorious 2010 campaign, playing in all games. Ojala became one of the best and most talented players in the Veikkausliiga, and his performances provoked widespread international interest. At the end of the 2010 Veikkausliiga season, he was officially selected as the defender of the year.
He gained notoriety in England during Young Boys' 2012–13 UEFA Europa League group stage match against Liverpool at the Stade de Suisse. In an incredible match which ended 5–3 to the Reds, Ojala opened the scoring by embarrassingly putting the ball past Marco Wölfli, his own goalkeeper. He later made amends by scoring a header to bring Young Boys level at 2–2 just after half time.
After a year and a half in Switzerland on 12 February 2013 it was announced that Ojala would transfer to Russian Premier League team Terek Grozny.
HJK Helsinki Loan
In November 2010, after representing Finland on youth levels, Ojala was called up to the national team squad to face San Marino. He made his national team debut on 15 November 2011 in a friendly match against Denmark in Esbjerg when Mixu Paatelainen used him as a substitute. He gained his first FIFA World Cup qualification appearance 12 October 2012 in Helsinki Olympic Stadium in a match against Georgia. During autumn of 2012 he established himself as a regular in the national team.
- HJK Helsinki
- 2010: Veikkausliiga defender of the year
- As of 23 October 2016
|2011–12||Young Boys||Swiss Super League||11||0||1||0||—||12||0|
|2012–13||Terek Grozny||Russian Premier League||3||0||0||0||—||3||0|
- As of 2 September 2017
|Finland national team|
- Scores and results list Finland's goal tally first.
|1.||9 January 2017||Tahnoun bin Mohamed Stadium, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates||Morocco||1–0||1–0||Friendly|
- HJK Profile
- Isotalo Mikko, Judesoturi, Iltalehti Urheilu 27.7.2010, p. 6
- HJK:n Ojala ja Mäkelä pelipaikkojensa parhaat HS.fi, 21.10.2010
- HJK:n oma kasvattitoppari jatkosopimukseen (in Finnish)
- Toppari Juhani Ojala siirtyy Sveitsiin (in Finnish)
- "Juhani Ojala siirtyy Venäjän liigaan Terek Groznyin riveihin" (in Finnish). Helsingin Sanomat. 12 February 2013. Retrieved 27 February 2013.
- "JUHANI OJALA LOPPUKAUDEKSI KLUBIIN!". http://www.hjk.fi/ (in Finnish). HJK. 29 July 2015. Retrieved 29 July 2015. External link in
- "Maajoukkueen puolustaja Juhani Ojala SJK-paitaan". sjk2007.fi (in Finnish). SJK. 1 September 2016. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- "Musta hetki koitui Suomen kohtaloksi" (in Finnish). YLE Urheilu. 15 November 2011. Archived from the original on 5 March 2016. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- "Eremenko junior ulos, Suomi puristi vajaalla tasapeliin" (in Finnish). YLE Urheilu. 12 October 2012. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- "Pelipaikkojen parhaat 2010 nimetty" (in Finnish). Veikkausliiga. 7 November 2010. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- "J. OJALA". Soccerway. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Ojala, Juhani". National Football Teams. Retrieved 16 February 2017.
- Juhani Ojala at FC Terek Grozny (in English) (in Russian)
- Juhani Ojala – UEFA competition record
- Juhani Ojala – FIFA competition record (archive)
- Juhani Ojala at National-Football-Teams.com
- Juhani Ojala at Soccerbase
- Juhani Ojala at fussballdaten.de (in German)
- Juhani Ojala at Soccerway
- Stats at Veikkausliiga.com