K. M. Shaji
K. M. Shaji (കെ.എം. ഷാജി)
|Member of the Kerala Legislative Assembly|
|Assumed office |
|President of the Kerala Muslim Youth League|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Syed Sadiqali Shihab Thangal|
|Political party||Indian Union Muslim League|
K. M. Shaji (born 22 December 1971) is an Indian politician who is a member of the Kerala Legislature for the Azhikode constituency, Kannur. He represents the Indian Union Muslim League in Kerala and is the president of Muslim Youth League in Kerala. He is on the secretariat of the Muslim League Kerala. He is also treasurer of the Muslim League parliamentary party. He was disqualified as an MLA by the High Court Kerala on 9th November 2018 for communalising the 2016 assembly election held in the Azhikode assembly constituency.
KM Shaji was born in Kniyambatta, Wayanad to Beerankutty K. M. and P. C. Aysha Kutty. He attended Kaniyambatta Government High School and Chenamangalore College. He then undertook study for a Bachelor of Business Management, but he could not complete his course because of his father’s death. He returned home to take care of his family, relying on agriculture and business for an income.
- "Mr. K. M. Shaji, President, Kerala State Muslim Youth League addressing the gathering at Rajendra Maidan, Cochin". Indian Union Muslim League. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Kerala Legislative Assembly: IUML MLAs". Indian Union Muslim League. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Shri. K. M. Shaji". Kerala Legislative Assembly. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Shaji elected MYL State president". The Hindu. 18 June 2007. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "HC disqualifies Azhikode MLA KM Shaji". Mathrubhumi English. Retrieved 9 November 2018.
|This article about a Kerala politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|