|Broadcast area||Lincoln, Nebraska|
|Branding||News/Talk 1400 AM|
|Slogan||Lincoln's Only News & Talk|
|First air date||1946 (as KOLN)|
|Format||News Talk Information|
|Power||1,000 watts day
1,000 watts night
|Callsign meaning||K LINcoln|
|Former callsigns||KOLN (1946-1985)|
|Affiliations||ABC Radio , Premiere Radio Networks, Fox News Radio, Husker Sports Network|
(NRG License Sub, LLC)
|Sister stations||KBBK, KFGE, KLNC|
KLIN (1400 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a news talk information format. Licensed to Lincoln, Nebraska, United States, the station serves the Lincoln area. The station is currently owned by NRG Media and features programming from ABC Radio, Premiere Radio Networks and Fox News Radio.
KLIN was founded in 1946, with the call letters KOLN. It began broadcasting August 11, 1947, as a Mutual affiliate on 1400 kHz with 250 W power. Studios were in the New Federal Securities Building in Lincoln.
Station owner, John Fetzer, went on to found KOLN-TV in 1953. Fetzer broke up his broadcasting empire in 1985, and the two stations went their separate ways, with the television station keeping the original calls.
On May 3, 2012, KLIN began simulcasting on FM translator K233AN 94.5 FM. The simulcast lasted until August 26, 2014, when K233AN switched to a simulcast of KBBK's HD2 subchannel. KLIN now simulcasts in high definition at KBBK's HD3 subchannel.
KLIN is the flagship station of Nebraska Cornhuskers football, men's basketball and baseball. In 2014, KLIN became an affiliate for the Denver Broncos Radio Network. KLIN has previously held NFL affiliations with the Detroit Lions and the Washington Redskins.
- "KLIN Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Archived from the original on 2010-03-01.
- "KOLN Makes Debut" (PDF). Broadcasting. August 11, 1947. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "KLIN History". KLIN.com.
- "TRIAD BROADCASTING TO SELL LINCOLN, NEBRASKA CLUSTER TO NRG MEDIA". Triad Broadcasting.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KLIN
- Radio-Locator Information on KLIN
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KLIN
|This article about a radio station in Nebraska is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|