This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kosé's current logo, designed by Saul Bass in 1991
Kosé headquarters building in Tokyo
|Public Kabushiki kaisha|
|Traded as||TYO: 4922|
|Founded||Kita, Tokyo (March 2, 1946 )|
|Headquarters||Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-8251, Japan|
(President and CEO)
|Revenue||US$ 2.15 billion) (FY 2015)|
JPY 18.6 billion (FY 2015)(US$ 165 million) (FY 2015)
Number of employees
|6,758 (as of March 31, 2016)|
Jill Stuart cosmetics
Footnotes / references|
The company was founded in 1946 by Kozaburo Kobayashi with his son as the chief chemist. In 1956 the company established Albion, a manufacturer of premium cosmetics. Kosé and L’Orèal of France signed an agreement for technological cooperation, a joint venture that lasted until 2001. The company expanded its international presence in Asia during the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s. The company's name was changed to its present one in 1991 while in 2000 it was listed on the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange. Kazutoshi Kobayashi, the founder's grandson, took over as the company's CEO in 2007. Under the leadership of the new CEO, Kosé introduced the Jill Stuart branded cosmetics after the company acquired the global trademark rights for the brand in 2009. Kosé expanded into the European and the North American market when it acquired Tarte Cosmetics in 2014.
- "Corporate Profile". KOSÉ Corporation. Retrieved February 12, 2017.
- "Company Profile". Nikkei Asian Review. Nikkei Inc. Retrieved February 12, 2017.
- "History". KOSÉ Corporation. Retrieved February 12, 2017.
- "R&D and new products add an edge to Japanese cosmetics leader's global push". The Worldfolio. Worldfolio Ltd. Retrieved February 12, 2017.
- "Kate Moss Is The New Face Of Decorte". Fashion Model Directory. Fashion One Group. July 31, 2015. Retrieved February 12, 2017.
- "Aragaki Yui shows off her sexy lips in CM for 'ESPRIQUE'". tokyohive. 6Theory Media, LLC. November 11, 2014. Retrieved February 12, 2017.
- Official website (in English)