|Corpus Christi, Texas|
|Channels||Analog: 21 (UHF)|
|Translators||KSCC-DT 38.3 (UHF) Corpus Christi|
|Owner||Sinclair Broadcast Group|
|Licensee||KUQI Licensee, LLC|
|First air date||July 26, 2002|
|Last air date||April 3, 2018|
(15 years, 251 days)
|Sister station(s)||KSCC, KXPX-LP|
|Former call signs||KCBO-LP (2002–2004)|
|Former affiliations||UPN (2002–2006)|
|Transmitter power||95 kW|
|Height||95 m (312 ft)|
KTOV-LP, UHF analog channel 21, was a low-powered MyNetworkTV-affiliated television station licensed to Corpus Christi, Texas, United States. Owned by the Sinclair Broadcast Group, it was sister to Fox affiliate KSCC (channel 38) and low-powered TBD owned-and-operated station KXPX-LP (analog channel 14). KTOV-LP's transmitter was located on Leopard Street in downtown Corpus Christi.
Due to its low-power status, KTOV-LP did not operate a digital signal of its own, and there were no plans to convert the station's signal to digital. Additionally, the analog station's broadcasting radius only covered the immediate Corpus Christi area. Therefore, the station was simulcast in 16:9 widescreen standard definition on KSCC's third digital subchannel in order to reach the entire market; this signal could be seen on virtual and UHF channel 38.3 from a transmitter southeast of Robstown, Texas.
Before becoming an affiliate of MyNetworkTV, KTOV was a UPN affiliate.
GH Broadcasting announced that it would sell KXPX to London Broadcasting Company, owner of KIII (channel 3), in March 2012. The sale fell through in early 2013, after which GH declared bankruptcy, remaining as debtor-in-possession. In late 2014, the sale of the station to Corpus 18, LLC, a partnership formed by the noteholders of debt of GH and High Maintenance Broadcasting, owners of KUQI and a related business to GH, was finalized. On October 2, 2015, Corpus 18 agreed to sell KTOV-LP, KUQI, and KXPX-LP to Sinclair Broadcast Group for $9.25 million.
KTOV-LP's license was canceled by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on April 3, 2018; its programming is now seen exclusively on KSCC-DT3.
- "RabbitEars TV Query for KSCC". Archived from the original on 2018-06-28. Retrieved 2019-09-12.
- Seyler, Dave (March 18, 2012). "Corpus Christi TV deal brews up paper storm". Television Business Report. Archived from the original on May 5, 2012. Retrieved August 10, 2012.
- "Application for Transfer of Control of a Corporate Licensee or Permitee, or for Assignment of License or Permit of TV or FM Translator Station or Low Power Television Station". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. October 13, 2015. Archived from the original on February 27, 2017. Retrieved October 14, 2015.
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KTOV-LP
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KTOV-LP
|This article about a television station in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|