|Minister of Emergency Situations|
|Preceded by||office established|
|Chairman of State Customs Committee|
1995 – February 6, 2006
|President||Heydar Aliyev, Ilham Aliyev|
|Succeeded by||Aydin Aliyev|
July 15, 1961 |
Heydarov was born on July 15, 1961 in Nakhchivan City, Azerbaijan. He has graduated from Baku State University with a degree in Geography. In 1992, he left Azerbaijan for Uzbekistan and opened several business firms. Heydarov is also a composer with some of his songs becoming hits in Azerbaijan. His compositions are produced under the name Kamal. His latest album is called Sənə güvəndiyim dağlar (Azerbaijani: The mountains to lean on). His songs have been performed by famous singers such as Flora Kerimova, Ilhama Guliyeva, Aygun Kazimova, Zulfiyya Khanbabayeva.
Heydarov was appointed the Chairman of State Customs Committee by former President Heydar Aliyev in 1995. In this role he was widely reported to have extracted bribes from companies importing goods to Azerbaijan.
- "KƏMALƏDDİN HEYDƏROV DƏBDƏBƏLİ AD GÜNÜ KEÇİRİB" [Kamaladdin Heydarov holds a fancy birthday party]. Yeni Musavat. Retrieved 2010-11-08.
- "Rəhbərlik haqqında məlumat" [Information about the management]. Retrieved 2010-11-08.
- "Xəbərlər "Reuters": "Azərbaycanın ən nüfuzlu oliqarxı"" [Reuters news: The most famous oligarch of Azerbaijan]. RFE/RL. 2006-02-07. Retrieved 2010-11-08.
- "Bəstəkar Kamalın 4 diskdən ibarət musiqi albomu" [Album consisting of 4 CDs by composer Kamal was released]. Retrieved 2010-11-08.
- "The Next Report From Wikileaks – About Kamaladdin Heydarov - Politics - Азербайджан". Contact.az. 2010-03-01. Retrieved 2012-03-06.
- Fady, Asly (2016). Life with Scorpions. The Financial. pp. 73 onward. ISBN 9789941465604.
- "Kəmaləddin Heydərov Azərbaycanın fövqəladə hallar naziri, Aydın Əliyev isə dövlət gömrük komitəsinin sədri təyin edilib" [Kamaladdin Heydarov appointed Minister of Emergency Situations, Aydin Aliyev - Chairman of the State Customs Committee]. Voice of America. 2006-02-06. Retrieved 2010-11-29.
|This article about an Azerbaijani politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|