Kaplan International English
|Owner||Graham Holdings Company|
|Website||Kaplan International English|
Kaplan International Pathways
Kaplan International English is a division of education company Kaplan Inc., headquartered in London. Kaplan International English provides English language courses, university and exam preparation, academic foundation courses and English programs for young learners worldwide. Courses are taught in city center schools and on university campuses.
In 2007, Kaplan Inc. acquired Aspect Education, a U.K. company founded in 1967. Aspect provided English exam preparation and academic foundation courses. Aspect was combined with Kaplan's existing English language education division, and Kaplan Aspect was launched in September 2007.
In 2010, Kaplan Aspect and Kaplan International Pathways, the branch of Kaplan specializing in preparing international students for entry to British universities, were combined into Kaplan International.
In 2012, Kaplan International wholly acquired two international student recruitment agencies; BEO Limited in Japan, and Hands On Education Consultants in Thailand. Kaplan CEO, David Jones, has now been named as responsible for all transnational programmes (students travelling to study) as well as Asia Pacific following the departure of Mark Coggins, former CEO of Kaplan Asia Pacific.
Kaplan International English schools
- Australia: Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Manly, New South Wales, Melbourne, Perth, and Sydney
- Canada: Toronto and Vancouver
- England: Bath, Bournemouth, Cambridge, Liverpool, London( Covent Garden and Leicester Square), Manchester, Oxford, and Torquay
- Ireland: Dublin
- Malta: Sliema
- New Zealand: Auckland
- Scotland: Edinburgh
- Singapore: Central Area, Singapore
- United States: Berkeley, Boston (Harvard Square and Northeastern University], Chicago, Golden West College, Los Angeles, Whittier College, Miami, New York Soho and Empire State Building, Philadelphia, Portland, Oregon, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Seattle, Seattle Highline Community College and Washington, D.C.
Kaplan International English courses
Kaplan International English offers a wide range of English as a foreign language courses varying in duration and intensity. Kaplan International also offers English exam preparation courses for TOEFL, IELTS, FCE, CPE and CAE. Students can also combine internship or paid work placement with English language classes in some territories.
Kaplan International Pathways university pathways
Kaplan International English works closely with sister division Kaplan International Pathways which has programs for students to enter UK, USA and Australian university degree courses at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level. Successful completion at the required level guarantees entrance to one of more than 1,000 degree courses at the following partner universities:
- Bournemouth University, UK
- City University London, UK
- Cranfield University, UK
- Murdoch University, Australia
- Northeastern University, USA
- Nottingham Trent University, UK
- Pace University, USA
- The University of Nottingham, UK
- The University of Tulsa, USA
- University of Adelaide, Australia
- University of Birmingham, UK
- University of Brighton, UK
- University of Glasgow, UK
- University of Liverpool, UK
- University of Westminster, UK
- University of the West of England, UK
- University of York, UK
Kaplan International offers homestays, student apartments and on-campus university housing to students at all of its school locations.
Kaplan International has worldwide accreditation for teaching English.
- Australia: NEAS Australia 
- Canada: CAPLS
- Ireland: ACELS
- New Zealand: NZQA
- UK: British Council BAC accreditation for foundation, pre-masters and diploma programs
- USA: ACCET