Clifton, Nottingham, England
Early life and career
Collins was born in Nottingham, and grew up on the Clifton housing estate. As a child, he was a member of the Central Junior Television Workshop, and appeared in the programmes Dramarama and Your Mother Wouldn't Like It.
He has played DC Danny Glaze in The Bill, and has appeared in Casualty, Holby City, By Any Means, As Time Goes By and 55 Degrees North. He also appeared in Shane Meadows' debut film, Twenty Four Seven.
In 2015, he appeared in "Our Zoo"
He also appeared in the theatre production One Monkey Don't Stop No Show in 2013.
On 10 February 2015, it was announced that Collins would be joining Channel 4 soap opera Hollyoaks as new regular character Louis Loveday. He made his first appearance on 3 March 2015 and departed on 22 January 2019 when Louis was killed off by Breda McQueen (Moya Brady)
- Laws, Roz (19 September 2004). "The Box: It beats The Bill". Birmingham Post & Mail. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Glazed over!". BBC Nottingham. 20 September 2004. Retrieved 11 March 2013.
- Twenty Four: Seven, BBC Two.
- Spencer, Charles (18 January 2013). "One Monkey Don't Stop No Show, Tricycle Theatre, London, review". The Telegraph. Retrieved 11 March 2013.
- Staff reporter (13 April 2009). "Russell Davies' final show reunites old friends for a Doctor Who adventure". Western Mail.
Staff reporter (13 April 2009). "June Whitfield spotted with Doctor Who in Cardiff". South Wales Echo. Retrieved 16 April 2009.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (10 February 2015). "Hollyoaks unveils new family the Lovedays". Digital Spy. Retrieved 10 February 2015.