Lansdale performing live in 2015
|Birth name||Kasey Jo Lansdale|
|Born||Nacogdoches, Texas, U.S|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, writer, actor|
|Labels||Blue Siren Records|
|Associated acts||Ray Price, Subsonica, Jim Lauderdale, Linda Davis, Bonnie Baker, Kinky Friedman, Charlie Musselwhite|
Kasey J. Lansdale is an American country music singer-songwriter from Nacogdoches, Texas. Lansdale is also known for her work as an author, editor, actress, and producer, as well as host and founder of the East Texas Songwriter's Workshop. Her full-length debut album titled Restless was released on August 20, 2013 on Blue Siren Records co-produced Mike Clute and Kasey Lansdale. The Executive Producer is John Carter Cash.
Kasey Lansdale is a graduate of Nacogdoches High School. She attended Stephen F. Austin State University as a social work major, but did not complete her studies, dropping out to pursue her musical and acting career.
In 2007, Lansdale debuted a three track EP with Texas Swing Song, Back of My Smile, penned by Lansdale, catching the attention of venues throughout Texas. This led her to tour as an opening act with her first band, "Kasey Lansdale & The Daletones," for country music legend, Ray Price at several of his concerts throughout Texas.
She co-wrote two songs set to appear on the soundtrack of the horror film, Christmas with the Dead.
Lansdale, frustrated with fellow musicians unable to hone their craft due to lack of exposure to the industry in East Texas, created and still hosts "The East Texas Songwriter's Workshop," where Grammy Award winning artist Linda Davis, Grammy Nominee Songwriter Bonnie Baker, and Grammy Award winning producer John Carter Cash have all appeared as guests.
Kasey Lansdale also penned the song Edge of Dark Water, which has been released for download in link/qr code form in the trade paperbacks in the British and American editions of the novel of the same name by Joe R. Lansdale.
Lansdale is a frequent performer overseas, regularly performing as a headliner at the Piacenza Blues Festival, as well as other events and festivals across Europe. She recorded briefly with Davide Di Leo or "Boosta," of the Premio Italiano della Musica award winning group, Subsonica. Her 2010 album Never Say Never was recorded at Warner Nashville Studios.
Lansdale's single, “Sorry Ain’t Enough” debuted at #4 on the National MPE Downloads Chart.Her songs Back of My Smile and Foolin' Around were featured on the soundtrack for the film Cold in July. Back of My Smile received international distribution for Milan Records.
In 2015 she was nominated for Best New Female Artist of the Year at the 2015 Texas Regional Radio Music Awards. A new E.P. titled Leave Her Wild is being released 08/01/16 on Blue Siren Records, Produced by John Carter Cash recorded at the Cash Cabin.
Lansdale’s new EP Leave Her Wild, has been featured on Sundance Channel’s most popular program, Hap and Leonard, as well as on The Animal Planet, where she performed her new single, Living in the Moment, live, on the popular network show, Finding Bigfoot.
She recently opened for Wynonna Judd.
Kasey Lansdale's short story "The Companion," on which she collaborated with her brother Keith and father Joe Lansdale, appeared in the Random House collection Great Writers and Kids Write Spooky Stories (Great Writers & Kids Anthologies) [Hardcover] ed. Greenberg, Morgan & Weinberg. This story later reappeared in A Fistfull of Stories, from Joe R. Lansdale, as well as the collection Bumper Crop.
Her non-fiction article "Growing up Lansdale style" was published in 2012 by online magazine The Horror Zine, created by editor Jeani Rector and later published in The Horror Zine print anthology, "A Feast of Frights", edited by Jeani Rector. She is also the editor of the horror anthology Impossible Monsters published by Subterranean Press and featuring stories from Neil Gaiman, Charlaine Harris, Anne Perry, Joe R. Lansdale, & David Schow among others.
Lansdale has edited an all e-book horror fiction anthology with Biting Dog Press titled Fresh Blood & Old Bones designed to showcase newer authors alongside established authors. It was published on September 29, 2012.
Her short story,The Flame was published by SST publications spring 2014.
Film & theater career
In 2011, she produced a stage reading of "Suckerfish", written by W.T. Underwood and directed by Thomas Jane, alongside the one act play, By Bizarre Hands, by Joe R. Lansdale, directed by Terrill Lee Lankford at the Steve Allen Theater in Los Angeles. She also appeared in Grammy award winning artist Jim Lauderdale's music video "Ever Gonna Hurt" as the love interest. In 2015 Lansdale was featured in a short film by director Izzy Lee titled Postpartum about a woman who gives birth at home and things go very bad.
Lansdale was a featured performer on the Sundance Channel TV show, Hap and Leonard, portrayed as a carnival singer, where she performed her original song, Back Of My Smile. Season 2, ep 5.
Lansdale supports the non-profit organization, PROTECT: The National Association to Protect Children, as well as animal rights advocacy groups.
- No More Rain −2006 Blue Siren Records
- Back of My Smile −2006 Blue Siren Records
- Know Me −2007 Blue Siren Records
- Never Say Never −2010 Blue Siren Records
- Restless −2013 Blue Siren Records
- MADD Texas Artists: Clouded Mind featured
- Leave Her Wild EP. Single is Living in the Moment. Blue Siren Records, TBR 08/01/16.
- Fresh Blood & Old Bones (2013) (Biting Dog Publications e-book, editor)
- Impossible Monsters (2013) (Subterranean Press, editor)
- Dauphin, Chuck. "Restless Review". Music News Nashville. Retrieved September 7, 2013.
- Lansdale, Kasey. "Restless Interview". Retrieved September 24, 2013.
- Meet Miss Lansdale | Austin Music & Bands | Austin Post Archived 2013-02-13 at the Wayback Machine. Interview with video
- John Carter Cash inspires local songwriters, musicians – Pine Log – Stephen F. Austin State University Interview with John Carter Cash
- Learn Songwriting from Kasey Lansdale and John Carter Cash | Austin Music & Bands | Austin Post Archived 2013-04-14 at Archive.is Interview with Kasey Lansdale and John Carter Cash
- Biografie Artisti – "dal Mississippi al Po 2008"
- Follow Me the Social Media Song from Kasey Lansdale | Nashville Music Guide Video
- http://www.bmi.com/video/tag/C5340</ David Keith & Kasey Lansdale | Uniting for a good cause.
- Country Musc Association Magazine. "Kasey Lansdale Spotlight". Archived from the original on 7 April 2014. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- Lansdale, Kasey. "Restless Roadtrip Tour". Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- Music News Nashville. "John Carter Cash and Kasey Lansdale". Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- Lansdale, Kasey. "Billboard Interview". Billboard. Billboard.com. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- Daily Player MPE. "Sorry Ain't Enough". Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- Lansdale, Kasey. "Cold in July Soundtrack". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- Milan Records. "Back of My Smile-Kasey Lansdale". Milan Records. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- Lansdale, Kasey. "Texas Country Chanteuse Kasey Lansdale to Perform at the Toyota Texas Bass Classic". The Gilmer Mirror. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- Lansdale, Kasey. "Release information for new EP". Country Music Artist Info. Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- https://archive.org/details/greatwriterskids00gree retrieved March 30, 2013
- Golden Gryphon Press – Bumper Crop Trade Paperback Reprint TOC
- A Feast of Frights from The Horror Zine
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-07-28. Retrieved 2013-07-26. retrieved March 24, 2013
- http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/240508 E-book Fresh Blood and Old Bones
- Pandi, Press. "Official Website". Pandi Press. Retrieved 22 December 2015.
- Lansdale, Kasey. "Postpartum". Nihilnoctem. Retrieved 13 December 2015.
- Lansdale, Kasey. "Postpartum Film promotion". Nihilnoctem Films. Retrieved 13 December 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-04-11. Retrieved 2013-03-22. Retrieved March 23, 2013