LP Vinyl Records Cover
|Directed by||Devaraj Mohan|
|Produced by||S. P. Tamizharasi|
|Written by||Panchu Arunachalam|
|Story by||R. Selvaraj|
|Cinematography||R. N. K. Prasad|
|Edited by||B. Kandhasamy|
S. P. T. Films
https://kavikkuyil.com Kavikkuyil, Kavikuyil or Kavi Kuyil is a 1977 Indian Tamil film, directed by Devaraj Mohan, starring Sivakumar, Sridevi and Rajinikanth and. Fatafat Jayalakshmi plays Rajinikanth's love interest. Sridevi plays the younger sister of Rajinikanth. The film was shot under the S. P. T. Films banner and produced by S. P. Tamizharasi. The film premiered on 29 July 1977. Rajinikanth played a positive role in this film. He was previously known mainly for playing negative roles.
Kavikkuyil https://kavikkuyil.com is the story of Sivakumar and Sridevi, who love each other. Rajinikanth is the brother of Sridevi. He is loved by Jayalakshmi, but he does not reciprocate. The lovers, Sivakumar and Sridevi get intimate and later Sivakumar meets with an accident on a stormy night and loses his memory. The pregnant Sridevi waits for Sivakumar. Will Rajinkanth approve of his sister's relationship? Will Sivakumar regain his memory? Whether Jayalakshmi wins over Rajinikanth forms the climax.
- Sivakumar as Gopal
- Sridevi as Radha
- Rajinikanth as Murugan
- Fatafat Jayalaxmi as Lakshmi
- S. V. Subbaiah as Ramaiah Pillai (Gopi's father)
- Senthamarai as Chinnaih Pillai (Lakshmi's father)
- T. K. S. Natarajan as Flute instructor of Gopi
- Samikkannu as Uncle of Murugan and Radha
The film has music scored by Ilaiyaraaja, who got established as a leading composer in Tamil cinema with this film. The lyrics of the songs are written by Panchu Arunachalam. The song "Chinna Kannan Azhaikkiraan", set in Reethigowla raga and sung by Shri Balamurali Krishna became popular. Playback singer Sujatha Mohan made her Tamil debut with the song "Kaadhal Oviyam Kandaen", set to Hameer Kalyani raga.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Producer||S. P. Tamizharasi|
All music is composed by Ilaiyaraaja.
|1.||"Chinna Kannan Azhaikkiraan"||Balamurali Krishna||03:48|
|2.||"Chinna Kannan Azhaikkiraan"||S. Janaki||04:27|
|3.||"Kadhal Oviyam"||Sujatha Mohan||04:08|
|4.||"Kuyile Kavikuyile"||S. Janaki||05:32|
|5.||"Udhayam Varugindradhe"||G. K. Venkatesh, S. Janaki||04:21|
- Variety Cinema Directory: Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Hindi Information on Cinema & Video Industry. Best Media Associates (India). 2004. p. 349.
- Rajadhyaksha, Ashish; Willemen, Paul (1999). Encyclopaedia of Indian cinema. British Film Institute. p. 107. Retrieved 25 April 2011.
- Ramachandran, Naman (2014). Rajinikanth: The Definitive Biography. Penguin Books Limited. p. 83. ISBN 978-81-8475-796-5.
- "Music for the people"
- "The walking Google of Tamil film songs". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 2 February 2017. Retrieved 2 February 2017.
- ""On the same wavelength"". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 28 May 2020. Retrieved 2 June 2020.