Ewell in Los Angeles in 2012
|Born||Kayla Noelle Ewell
August 27, 1985
Long Beach, California, U.S.
Kayla Noelle Ewell (born August 27, 1985) is an American actress known for her roles on television as Caitlin Ramirez on CBS's long-running soap opera, The Bold and the Beautiful, as Maureen Sampson on NBC's Freaks and Geeks, and as Vicki Donovan on The CW's The Vampire Diaries.
Ewell was born in Long Beach, California and raised in Seal Beach. She studied dance, singing, and acting at the Orange County Song & Dance Company in Westminster. Ewell was spotted by a talent agent while taking an acting class around 1999, and asked to go on an audition. She graduated from Los Alamitos High School in 2003.
Ewell first appeared on the television series Freaks and Geeks in 2000, playing Maureen Sampson in the episode "Carded and Discarded", directed by Judd Apatow. She starred on the soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful from 2004–2005, and has guest-starred on the TV series The O.C., Boston Public, Veronica Mars, Close to Home and Entourage. She had a role in the film Just My Luck, starring Lindsay Lohan, and in Material Girls, starring Hilary and Haylie Duff, in 2006. She had a starring role in the film Senior Skip Day.
Ewell co-starred in The CW television series The Vampire Diaries for the first seven episodes in 2009. Ewell described her character, Vicki Donovan, to Star magazine as "a really slutty high school student", and "a troublemaker". Vicki was the first human on the series turned into a vampire. Ewell was killed off the show when her character was staked in the heart by Stefan (Paul Wesley) in order to save Elena (Nina Dobrev) in the Halloween-themed episode "Haunted". Ewell hinted in November 2009 that she was still under contract for the role and might return to the show, but series creator, Kevin Williamson, stated that there were no plans to bring her back. Her character did return however in the finale of the second season, and at the start of season 3.
Ewell played a children's fashion designer in the 2011 Hallmark Channel TV movie, Keeping Up With The Randalls, alongside Thad Luckinbill, Roma Downey, Marion Ross and McKenna Jones. She next appeared on the A&E television series, The Glades, that year, as a waitress suspected of murder in the episode "Beached". In 2012, she guest starred alongside Gabrielle Dennis on the TNT drama, Franklin & Bash, playing a Navy sailor facing a court-martial. Ewell starred opposite Austin Stowell and Danny Glover in the 2013 Hallmark Movie Channel film, Shuffelton’s Barbershop, as Norma, a country music singer and songwriter. The film was named after a 1950s Norman Rockwell painting that featured bluegrass musicians playing in a barbershop.
As of 2009, Ewell lives in Los Angeles, California. She stated to Sophisticate magazine in 2005 that she enjoys painting, rock climbing, and rappelling in her free time. She also includes dancing and whitewater rafting among her hobbies. She was on her high school's surfing team.
Ewell was arrested for disorderly conduct on August 22, 2009 in Smarr, Georgia for loitering on a bridge during a photo shoot with Candice Accola, Sara Canning, Nina Dobrev and photographer Tyler Shields. The charges were later dismissed.
Ewell was in a relationship with actor Kellan Lutz from September 2006 to July 2008.
|2006||Just My Luck||Janet the Bank Teller||Uncredited|
|2006||Material Girls||Janet, Fabiella Receptionist|
|2008||Senior Skip Day||Cara||Direct-to-video film|
|2008||Impact Point||Jen Crowe|
|2009||Fired Up||Margot Jane Lindsworth-Calligan|
|2000||Profiler||Faith Cleary||Episode: "The Long Way Home"|
|2000||Freaks and Geeks||Maureen Sampson||3 episodes|
|2004||Boston Public||Dianne||2 episodes|
|2004–2005||The Bold and the Beautiful||Caitlin Ramirez||Main cast, 135 episodes|
|2005||The O.C.||Casey||3 episodes|
|2006||Veronica Mars||Angie Dahl||Episode: "I Am God"|
|2006||Close to Home||Cindy Robinson||Episode: "Homecoming"|
|2009||Bones||Alyssa Howland||Episode: "The Salt in the Wounds"|
|2009–Present||The Vampire Diaries||Vicki Donovan||Main cast (Season 1), Guest (Seasons 2-Present)|
|2010||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Bettina Clark||Episode: "Take My Life, Please"|
|2010||Scoundrels||Chantelle Hazenby||Episode: "Birds of a Feather Flock Together"|
|2011||Keeping Up with the Randalls||Alicia Crosby||TV movie|
|2011||The Glades||Maggie Bauman||Episode: "Beached"|
|2012||Franklin & Bash||Monica Ward||Episode: "Summer Girls"|
|2013||Shuffelton’s Barbershop||Norma||TV movie|
|2014||Where Fate Meets||Rachel||TV movie
- "The New Season - Kayle Ewell". Orange Coast. September 2009. p. 70.
- "Kayla Ewell as Maureen". 2000. Daytime TV.
- Byrne, Suzy (October 2, 2009). "Kayla Ewell Interview With a Vampire". Star. Retrieved on October 30, 2009.
- Ausiello, Michael (October 29, 2009). "Exclusive: The shocking story behind last night's killer 'Vampire Diaries'". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved on October 30, 2009.
- Dos Santos, Kristin (November 12, 2009). "Is Taylor Swift Headed to Vampire Diaries?". E! Online. Retrieved on November 13, 2009.
- Wieselman, Jarett (November 12, 2009). "Kevin Williamson: I want to make Taylor Swift a vampire!". New York Post. Retrieved on November 13, 2009.
- Ross, Robyn (September 2, 2011). "Vampire Diaries Exclusive First Look: Vicki Haunts Jeremy". TV Guide. Retrieved September 17, 2009.
- Fernandez, Jay A. (October 17, 2010). "EXCLUSIVE: Marion Ross, McKenna Jones Cast in Hallmark Channel Movie". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved on October 22, 2010.
- Ross, Robyn (August 18, 2011). "Kayla Ewell Recalls Familiar Territory as a "Spicy Vixen" on The Glades". TV Guide. Retrieved September 17, 2009.
- "TNT - Franklin & Bash: Episode Guide". TNT. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- Stasi, Linda (May 31, 2013). "Same old song". New York Post. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- Alvarez, Olivia Flores (July 30, 2013). "Today's DVDs & Blu-rays: Filly Brown, Night Across the Street and More". Houston Press. Retrieved August 3, 2013.
- "The O.C.'s Kayla Ewell Beauty E-Mail". 2005. Sophisticate.
- MacKenzie, Carina (October 2, 2009). "'The Vampire Diaries' cast off the hook". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved on October 17, 2009.
- "‘Vampire Diaries’ Star Kayla Ewell Dishes on Kellan & R-Pattz - OK! Magazine". OK! Magazine.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kayla Ewell.|