|Born||Paweł Tomasz Wasilewski
July 23, 1982
New Brunswick, New Jersey, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, model, director, producer|
|Notable work(s)||The Vampire Diaries|
|Spouse(s)||Torrey DeVitto (m. 2011–13)|
Wesley was born in New Brunswick, New Jersey, to Polish parents Tomasz and Agnieszka Wasilewski, and grew up in Marlboro Township, New Jersey. He has one older sister, Monika, and two younger sisters, Julia and Leah. In addition to English, he speaks Polish, having spent four months every year in Poland until the age of 16.
Wesley attended Christian Brothers Academy in Lincroft, New Jersey and Marlboro High School for a period during his high school years. During his junior year in high school, Wesley was cast in the soap opera Guiding Light as character Max Nickerson. He transferred from Marlboro High School to Lakewood Prep School in Howell, New Jersey because the school was able to accommodate his acting schedule. He graduated from there in 2000 and then started college at Rutgers University in New Jersey but left after one semester with his parents' support when more roles were offered to him, and he realized he could make a career out of acting.
In 2005, he began to credit himself as Paul Wesley. When asked why he changed his professional name to Paul Wesley, he replied, "My birthname is too hard to pronounce."
Wesley is currently starring as vampire Stefan Salvatore in The Vampire Diaries which premiered in September 2009 on The CW. In the series, he plays a younger brother to Damon Salvatore (played by Ian Somerhalder) as well as the love interest of a 17-year old girl named Elena Gilbert (played by Nina Dobrev). In May 2011, he joined the cast of The Baytown Outlaws.
He has had a number of roles on shows such as 24, 8 Simple Rules, American Dreams, Army Wives, Cane, Everwood, Guiding Light, Smallville, The O.C. and Wolf Lake. He starred opposite Amber Tamblyn in CBS' The Russell Girl and had the lead role in the ABC Family miniseries Fallen.
Wesley met and began dating actress Torrey DeVitto in 2007 when they acted together in Killer Movie. They married in a private ceremony in New York City in April 2011. In July 2013, it was reported that they had filed for divorce. The divorce was finalized on December 2013.
Wesley lived in Atlanta, Georgia while filming The Vampire Diaries and the rest of the time with his then-wife Torrey DeVitto in Los Angeles, California. He sold his Los Angeles-residence after his divorce at the end of 2013.
|2014||Before I Disappear|
|2004||The Last Run||Seth|
|2006||Cloud 9||Jackson Fargo|
|2006||Lenexa, 1 Mile||Rick Lausier|
|2008||Killer Movie||Jake Tanner|
|2010||Beneath the Blue||Craig Morrison|
|2013||The Baytown Outlaws||Anthony Reese|
|2014||Before I Disappear||Gideon|
|2014||Amira and Sam||Charlie|
|1999||Another World||Sean McKinnon|
|1999–2001||Guiding Light||Max Nickerson #2|
|2000, 2005||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Danny Burrell/Luke Breslin||Episodes: "Wrong is Right" and "Ripped"|
|2001||Shot in the Heart||Gary (Age 15–22)||Television film|
|2001–2002||Wolf Lake||Luke Cates||9 episodes|
|2002||Young Arthur||Lancelot||Television film|
|2002||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Luke Miller||Episode: "Malignant"|
|2002–2005||American Dreams||Tommy DeFelice||10 episodes|
|2003||The Edge||Himself||Television film|
|2003||Smallville||Lucas Luthor||Episode: "Prodigal"|
|2003||The O.C.||Donnie||Episode: "The Outsider"|
|2003–2004||8 Simple Rules||Damian||Episodes: "Premiere" and "Opposites Attract: Part 3: Night of the Locust"|
|2003–2004||Everwood||Tommy Callahan||9 episodes|
|2004||CSI: Miami||Jack Warner Bradford||Episode: "Legal"|
|2005||CSI: NY||Steve Samprass||Episode: "Grand Murder at Central Station"|
|2006||Crossing Jordan||Quentin Baker||Episode: "Thin Ice"|
|2006||Fallen||Aaron Corbett||Television film|
|2007||Fallen||Aaron Corbett||3 episodes|
|2007||Shark||Justin Bishop||Episode: "Shaun of the Dead"|
|2008||The Russell Girl||Evan Carroll||Television film|
|2008||Cold Case||Petey Murphy '08||Episode: "Bad Reputation"|
|2008–2009||Army Wives||Logan Atwater||6 episodes|
|2009–present||The Vampire Diaries||Stefan Salvatore
|2014||The Vampire Diaries||Episode: "Resident Evil"|
|2015||The Vampire Diaries||Episode: "Woke Up With a Monster"|
- "Paul Wesley pronounces Full name in Polish". YouTube.
- "Paul Wesley’s 31st Birthday — ‘Vampire Diaries’ Tribute To Stefan - Hollywood Life". Hollywood Life.
- Wieselman, Jarrett (February 7, 2014). "Paul Wesley will make his directorial debut on "The Vampire Diaries"". Buzzfeed.com. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- Yamato, Jen (November 17, 2014). "‘Vampire Diaries’ Star Paul Wesley Set For Sci-Fier ‘Convergence’". Deadline.com. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- Morton, Rebecca (September 10, 2009). "'Vampire Diaries' to give area native star turn". New Brunswick Sentinel. Retrieved April 22, 2010.
- Lee, Luaine (January 27, 2010). "The 'good' vampire was a teenage bad boy". McClatchy/Tribune News (Chicago Tribune). Retrieved October 2, 2010.
- Talbot, Lindsay (October 12, 2009). "New Blood". Teen Vogue. Retrieved October 28, 2009.
- Martin, Patti (January 28, 2010). "Perhaps one of Howell's best kept secrets". Asbury Park Press. Retrieved May 17, 2010.
- "Getting to Know: Paul Wesley". Teen Magazine. Retrieved December 20, 2009.
- "'Before I Disappear' picked up for North American distribution". variety.com. Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- "Paul Wesley makes 'Amira and Sam'". deadline.com. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- Walsh, Dorothy. "Getting to Know Paul Wesley". soapoperadigest.com. Retrieved May 15, 2010.
- Weinstein, Joshua L. (May 13, 2011). "Paul Wesley Joins Eva Longoria in 'The Baytown Disco'". TheWrap.com. Retrieved May 15, 2011.
- "Wesley, Sarandon to star in 'Mother's Day'". deadline.com. September 25, 2014.
- "Paul Wesley cast in 'Convergence'". deadline.com. November 17, 2014.
- Paul Wesley at the Internet Movie Database
- "Vampire Diaries' Paul Wesley and actress Torrey DeVitto married!". Lifeandstylemag.com. 2011-04-29. Retrieved 2012-02-05.
- "Paul Wesley and Torrey DeVitto to Divorce". People.com. 2013-07-30. Retrieved 2013-11-17.
- "'Vampire Diaries' star Paul Wesley finalizes divorce". Toronto Sun. December 24, 2013. Retrieved August 11, 2014.
- "Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley step out in rare public appearance together". Mail Online. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- Chako Suzuki (2012-11-29). "Where Does Paul Wesley Live? You Ask, We Answer!". www.wetpaint.com. Retrieved 2014-10-29.
- Andrea Simpson. "Paul Wesley Sells His Hollywood Hills Panty-Dropping Palace for $1.7 Million". www.celebuzz.com. Retrieved 2014-10-29.
- Yamato, Jen. "Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance ‘Amira & Sam’" (Archive). Deadline. August 28, 2014. Retrieved on January 28, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Paul Wesley.|