|Representing Great Britain|
|1964 Tokyo||Flying Dutchman|
Franklyn Keith Musto OBE (born 12 January 1936) is a British sailor and businessman. He competed at the 1964 Summer Olympics in Tokyo and won a silver medal in the Flying Dutchman class and was reserve in the Flying Dutchman class for the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich.
Musto began sailing aged 15. After National Service, he began work with engineer Ken Pearce and began working on sailing masts and sails. He went on to become a leading dingy sailor winning national championships 5 classes between 1955 and 1963. He competed at the 1964 Tokyo Olympics in the Flying Dutchman class and won a silver medal along with Tony Morgan.
After the Olympics he set up a sailmaking business, Musto & Hyde, along with Eddie Hyde in Rayleigh, Essex. Eventually he concentrated solely on sailing and outdoor clothing with his company Musto Clothing.
In 1973 he worked with the Japanese Olympic Sailing team.
As well the Olympics, Musto won medals at the 1963 & 1969 World Championships again in the Flying Dutchman class and gained a bronze medal in 2008 Vintage Yachting Games Dragon class.
Musto was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2014 New Year Honours for services to the economy through Musto Clothing.
- ^ Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Keith Musto". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 18 April 2020.
- ^ http://tonymorgan.info
- ^ "Musto Timeline". Archived from the original on 2 January 2011. Retrieved 19 February 2010.
- ^ "Musto put the records straight – Yachting World". Yachting World. 23 July 2007. Retrieved 28 November 2018.
- ^ "Keith Musto talks to Yachting World". Archived from the original on 10 April 2011. Retrieved 28 May 2010.
- ^ "No. 60728". The London Gazette (Supplement). 31 December 2013. p. 13.
- Keith Musto at World Sailing (old website)
- Keith Musto at Olympics.com
- Keith Musto at Olympedia
- 1936 births
- Living people
- British male sailors (sport)
- Sailors at the 1964 Summer Olympics – Flying Dutchman
- Olympic medalists in sailing
- Olympic sailors for Great Britain
- Olympic silver medallists for Great Britain
- British businesspeople
- Officers of the Order of the British Empire
- Medalists at the 1964 Summer Olympics
- People from Burnham-on-Crouch
- English Olympic medallists
- British yacht racing biography stubs
- British Olympic medallist stubs