Kenneth Brown (interior designer)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
16 March 1971 |
Los Angeles, California, US
|Years active||1995 – Present|
Early life and Background
Hailing from Louisiana, Kenneth Brown masterfully blends warm Southern hospitality with clean Southern-California lines. His unique creations reflect his belief that comfort holds the key to successful interior design. His visions are shaped by his passion for structure, use of rich color and delight in small details. Interesting fabrics and accessories, used simply, and effectively, are his fuss-free signature.
Kenneth Brown is known for his Southern charm and laid-back personality which puts homeowners at ease which creates a fun hands-on creative process. His direct collaboration with his clients allows them to put their own personal stamp on their homes. Kenneth has completed homes for celebrities such as Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens and Kristen Bell as well as sports figures Mia Hamm and Nomar Garciaparra. In addition to Kenneth Brown Designs residential portfolio, Kenneth has completed numerous commercial projects such as A. Rudin's Los Angeles Flagship Showroom, Cedars-Sinai's Founders Room, Endeavor Talent Agency, Wood and Vine Restaurant and Bar and hotel collaborations.
His broad exposure and popularity from his own television shows on HGTV, TLC TV network, Fine Living Network, and led MSN.com to offer Kenneth the role of resident Interior Design Expert. In addition to this, American Express Open selected Kenneth to share his success story as part of their ongoing Iconic Open Forum Series.He has been named to the top 100 designers by House Beautiful and Western Interiors. He has appeared on The Today Show, The Tyra Banks Show, CNN, iVillage Live, Entertainment Tonight, Good Morning America and Fox Morning news.
Kenneth Brown provided kitchen design advice and inspiration to HGTV.com.
2005 Oprah's "O" magazine featured Kenneth in the "Live Your Best Life Tour". Brown was listed as one of the top designers and architects by Western Interiors and Design magazine and was included in the top 100 list of American Interior Designers by House Beautiful magazine.
2010, Kenneth partnership with Summer Infant to launch a baby bedding at Babies R Us.
2011, Kenneth Brown Home opens.
2012, Brown opens design office in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
2012, Brown was the featured speaker for Creative Louisiana and is interviewed by WRKF 89.3. where he discussed his interior design business, TV and why he opened a new office in Louisiana.
2015, Kenneth Brown Design completes a Fresh College Campus Loft at Baton Rouge .
- "Kenneth Brown (Interior Designer)". govivaspeakers.com/. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- "Kenneth shares edible floral arrangement... - Kenneth Brown Design | Facebook". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2017-01-17.
- "Kenneth Brown on the Functional Kitchen". HGTV. Retrieved 2017-02-19.
- "Summer Infant, Kenneth Brown launch baby bedding at BRU". Kids Today. 1 March 2010. Retrieved 30 November 2010.
- "Kenneth Brown on green, the '50s, Southern sensibilities - CNN.com". www.cnn.com. Retrieved 2017-01-17.
- "TLC Premieres New Series Over Designed, Hosted by Kenneth Brown, on Saturday, September 20, 2008". Futon Critic. 12 September 2008. Retrieved 30 November 2010.
- Matsushita, Elaine. "Designer Kenneth Brown's riding high in the shadow of 'Hollywood'". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2017-01-17.
- "Kenneth Brown Home". 2011-08-23.
- "Kenneth Brown". Country Roads Magazine. 2012-08-01. Retrieved 2017-02-19.
- Wendland, Tegan. "Creative Louisiana Speaker Kenneth Brown on Southern Design". Retrieved 2017-02-19.
- "Fresh College Campus Loft at Baton Rouge by Kenneth Brown Design - CAANdesign | Architecture and home design blog". CAANdesign | Architecture and home design blog. 2015-10-05. Retrieved 2017-02-19.
|This Louisiana-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|