86th General Assembly portrait (2015)
|Member of the Iowa House of Representatives
from the 38th district
January 12, 2009
|Preceded by||Carmine Boal|
June 3, 1954 |
Harlan, Iowa, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Iowa|
|Religion||Evangelical Free Church of America|
Kevin Koester (born June 3, 1954) is the Iowa State Representative from the 38th District. A Republican, he has served in the Iowa House of Representatives since 2009. Koester was born in Harlan, raised in Des Moines, and resides in Ankeny. He has a B.A. in education from the University of Iowa.
As of May 2013[update], Koester serves on several committees in the Iowa House – the Appropriations, Education, Human Resources, and State Government committees. He also serves as the chair of the Government Oversight committee.
Kevin served thirty years as a school administrator in Ankeny. He is Executive Director of Neveln Center in Ankeny and a part time Consultant with Koester Construction.
He is in his 3rd term in the Iowa House, having served as Chair of Ethics and now Government Oversight. Kevin served as President of the National Community Education in 2004. His local leadership record demonstrates diverse and meaningful commitments to his community. He has been selected a board officer of numerous agencies including Iowa Dollars for Scholars, Ankeny School District Foundation, Ankeny Substance Abuse Project, EFR, United Way and Ankeny Chamber of Commerce which selected Kevin as 2003 Citizen of the Year.
Legislator of the year awards: 2013 Iowa After School Alliance; 2013 Brain Injury Alliance of Iowa; 2012 Iowa Physician Assistant Society; 2010 Iowa Library Association; 2009 Iowa Fraternal Insurance Congress.
Kevin is a lifelong Iowan and an alumnus of the University of Iowa. His wife, Linda, teaches Psychology at DMACC. Kevin and Linda have three grown children who were students of Ankeny High School and DMACC. Two are graduates of Iowa State University.
|Iowa House of Representatives primary elections, 2008 
|Jeff A. Wright||Republican||324||26.73%|
|Iowa House of Representatives general elections, 2008 
|Republican hold||Kevin Koester||Republican||12,043||51.66%|
|Iowa House of Representatives primary elections, 2010 
|Iowa House of Representatives general elections, 2010 
|Republican hold||Kevin Koester*||Republican||unopposed|
|Iowa House of Representatives primary elections, 2012 
|Brett H. Nelson||Republican||80||14.52%|
|Iowa House of Representatives general elections, 2012 
|Republican (newly redistricted)||Kevin Koester*||Republican||8,334||49.53%|
|Brett H. Nelson||Nominated by Petition||686||4.08%|
- "Official Results Report – Statewide, 2008 Primary Election-06-03-2008 Party: All" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. 2008-06-19. p. 214. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- "State of Iowa Official Canvass Summary, November 4, 2008 General Election" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. p. 53. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- "Official Results Report, 2010 Primary Election held Tuesday, June 8th 2010" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. 2010-07-01. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- "Official Results Report, General Election held Tuesday, November 2nd 2010" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. 2010-11-23. p. 111. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- "2012 Primary Election Canvass Summary" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. p. 136. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- "2012 General Election Canvass Summary" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. p. 84. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kevin Koester.|
- Representative Kevin Koester official Iowa General Assembly site
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Financial information (state office) at the National Institute for Money in State Politics
|Iowa House of Representatives|