Kiev River Port
||Parts of this article (those related to article) need to be updated. (April 2013)|
The Kyiv River Port (Ukrainian: Київський річковий порт; translit. Kyivskyi richkovyi port) is the main river port of Kiev, located on the right bank of the Dnieper River in the Podil neighborhood of the city. The port has own fleet that serves as a shipping company.
Since ancient times the Podil neighborhood was an important trade center, especially by water routes.
Freight and shipbuilding infrastructure
Kiev River port boasts more than 20 riverboat stairway-equipped moorings on the several kilometer-long embankment, all of which are reserved for passenger and leisure vessels. From April through October, there is a daily leisure navigation in the port, facilitated by various private operators.
Passenger terminal of the port
In 1953–1961 a new passenger terminal was built on the Poshtova Square by the architects V. Gopkalo, V. Ladny, and others. The building has a mast-like tower which resembled a steamboat tower.
- Moskva-type - 6 (all project R-51E)
- Kashtan-type - 4
- Moskvich-type - 2 (all project 544)
- PS-type - 1 (project 792A)
- Project 1021A - 1
- TNM-type, project 795 - 1
- Zaporozhie-type, project 559B - 1
- Generic - 2
- Project 775, 775A - 7
- Type BT, BM - 6
- Floating dock - 1
- Floating piers - 3
- Poliarnik-type, project 1427 - 1
- Type OS, project 354U - 1
- Project 889A - 1
- Project D-120 - 1
- Admiralteets-type, project 371 - 1
- Kostromich-type, project 1606 - 1
Ownership and operations
- Savchuk, M., Sedletska, N. River port for two. New owners of the Kiev River Port – Brodskyi and Shufrych (investigation) (Вокзал для двох. Нові власники Київського річкового вокзалу – Бродський і Шуфрич (розслідування)). Radio Liberty. 19 January 2016
- Kiev River Port was passed to Brodskyi and Shufrych – mass media (Киевский речной вокзал достался Бродскому и Шуфричу – СМИ). Ukrayinska Pravda. 19 January 2016
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kiev River Port.|
|This article about a Ukrainian building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|