Kim Anderson (basketball)
|Pittsburg State Gorillas|
|Born||May 12, 1955|
|Listed height||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Listed weight||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school||Smith-Cotton (Sedalia, Missouri)|
|NBA draft||1977 / Round: 2 / Pick: 28th overall|
|Selected by the Portland Trail Blazers|
|1978–1979||Portland Trail Blazers|
|Career highlights and awards|
Keith Kim Anderson (born May 12, 1955) is an American basketball coach and current head coach for the Pittsburg State Gorillas. Anderson previously served as the men's basketball head coach of the Missouri Tigers. He led the Central Missouri Mules to back-to-back MIAA championships and three appearances in the NCAA Division II Final Four in 2007, 2009 and winning the championship in 2014. He led the Mules to the NCAA Men's Division II Basketball Championship in 2014 by defeating West Liberty 84–77. He played collegiately for the University of Missouri.
Born in Sedalia, Missouri, he was selected by the Portland Trail Blazers in the 2nd round (28th pick overall) of the 1977 NBA Draft and by the Milwaukee Bucks in the 7th round (146th pick overall) of the 1978 NBA Draft.
He also was a court coach for Team USA during the Pan American Games Team Trials.
On March 24, 2017, Anderson was announced as the Pittsburg State men's basketball coach, returning to the MIAA.
Head coaching record
|Central Missouri Mules (Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association) (2002–2014)|
|2004–05||Central Missouri||24–6||14–4||1st (tie)||NCAA D-II First Round|
|2005–06||Central Missouri||24–8||11–5||2nd||NCAA D-II Second Round|
|2006–07||Central Missouri||31–4||15–3||1st (tie)||NCAA D-II Final Four|
|2007–08||Central Missouri||18–10||11–7||3rd (tie)|
|2008–09||Central Missouri||30–5||16–4||2nd||NCAA D-II Final Four|
|2009–10||Central Missouri||27–4||18–2||1st||NCAA D-II Sweet 16|
|2012–13||Central Missouri||22–8||13–5||1st (tie)||NCAA D-II First Round|
|2013–14||Central Missouri||30–5||16–3||1st||NCAA D-II Champions|
|Central Missouri:||274–94 (.745)||158–67 (.702)|
|Missouri Tigers (Southeastern Conference) (2014–2017)|
|Missouri:||27–68 (.284)||8–46 (.148)|
|Pittsburg State (Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association) (2017–present)|
Postseason invitational champion
- "Pittsburg State Gorillas – Pitt State to Formally Introduce Anderson as Men's Basketball Coach Monday". Pittstategorillas.com. 2017-03-24. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
- "Mules win National Championship with 84–77 win over West Liberty". ucmathletics.com. 2014-03-29. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "Kim Anderson". Basketball-Reference.com.
- "Kim Anderson is Missouri's new men's basketball coach". kansascity.
- "University of Missouri Athletics – Statements on the Mizzou Men's Basketball Program". Mutigers.com. 2017-03-05. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
- Matter, Dave (2017-03-24). "Kim Anderson jumps back into coaching at Pittsburg State | Eye on the Tigers". stltoday.com. Retrieved 2017-03-24.